Oops, the html made my xml dissappear :
<path id="jboss.plastic.classpath"> <pathelement path="/client/jboss-j2ee.jar"/> </path>
Ok, I give up : I cannot get xml to display in the forum. If interested, look at the source of the page.
I think it is fixed now, isn't it ?
After a quick cvs update, everything builds fine again without additional commandline decorations.
It still doesn't build running the build.sh on sun solaris 2.8. I get a "can't resolve symbol XMLDocument" during a build with the current checkout. The crimson jar is in the right place but apparently no classpath to it.
Well I got it to work. I pulled down j2sdk1.4.2 for sparc solaris and now it builds. I thought that nukes was supposed to work with 1.3.X ( I was trying 1.3.1_01), if so then there must be some code in there that is 1.4 specific. Otherwise all is well.
Assuming the current best way to get Nukes going is
- build nukes as I need some nukes lib components
- go to distrib and run build
- then run build deploy-installer
- run installer webapp : http://127.0.0.1:8080/nukes-installer/install
Testing on both Linux and Windows, using J2SDK1.4.2_03 & JBoss3.2.3,
CVS snapshots from both 20040204 & 20040205 fail
during second step (building distrib),
at the assemble_xml target:
[concat] File /home/hxp/nukes/nukessnapshot/script/src/resources/hsqldb/setup.xml does not exist.
(& throws NPE.)
Commenting out the offending line from the assemble_xml target in the build.xml allows the build to complete:
<!-- < filelist dir="../script/src/resources/" files="setup.xml"/> -->
3 ways to ask my question ---
1) Am I using the right recipe for getting Nukes going? (Each time I've installed Nukes over the past several months, I've used a very different method; the how-to page and other refs all seem to be stale.)
2) Are you guys getting clean builds, on these snapshots? If so, what am I missing?
3) The build.xml files seem to be halfway converted from HSQL-centric to a parameterization that supports both MySQL and HSQL... what is the most direct way to get Nukes going if all I care about is deployment with MySQL?
(Out of curiousity: As a bootstrap, does the installer use HSQL internally, and then give the option of parameterizing/installing Nukes for MySQL use?)