3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2003 11:25 AM by hansd

Some experience

Hans,

thanks for this! This seems to work better than the Easie plugin, and I love the rocket.

I set it up on Windows XP using a cvs build of jboss-4.0alpha-tomcat-4.0.4 and the install and startup went fine. However, the shutdown command didn't seem to work, although the terminate command did.

I'm also trying to set it up on a solaris system, and the java -jar jbosside_installer.jar command hangs. It also hangs if you unpack the jar and use a java org.jboss.ide.eclipse.installer.Installer command.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong?

I've not tried debugging anything yet, that's for latter. I first just want to make sure the systems work ok.

Bruce

• 1. Re: Some experience
          hansd

> I set it up on Windows XP using a cvs build of
          > jboss-4.0alpha-tomcat-4.0.4 and the install and
          > startup went fine. However, the shutdown command
          > didn't seem to work, although the terminate command
          > did.
          From 3.2 onwards the shutdown mechanism has changed. I just discovered this and there will be a fix soon.
          > I'm also trying to set it up on a solaris system, and
          > the java -jar jbosside_installer.jar command hangs.
          > It also hangs if you unpack the jar and use a java
          > org.jboss.ide.eclipse.installer.Installer command.
          >
          > Any ideas on what might be going wrong?
          Sorry, no idea. I have no access to Solaris. I have tested some older versions on linux and that worked. I'm looking forward to Eclipse 2.1 final. There we have an entry point and we don't need the installer anymore (explanation in the FAQ section of the project page).

• 2. Re: Some experience

Hans,

got Eclipse running on Solaris ok (once I sorted out my environment settings), and then ran the jbosside_installer fine. That worked ok.

Then back into Eclipse, and try to configure JBossIDE. Problem was there was no place to select the server. All of the buttons, etc were missing. It's been awhile since I did Swing, and I know SWT isn't quite the same, but anyways, that seems to be the problem. Don't worry though, as the Lomboz plugin had the same problem, nothing to set the JBoss directory.

So keep announcing updates on xdoclet/jboss-user so we know and I'll try them against the Solaris setup here.

Bruce

• 3. 3854975
              hansd

> Then back into Eclipse, and try to configure
              > JBossIDE. Problem was there was no place to select
              > the server. All of the buttons, etc were missing.
              > It's been awhile since I did Swing, and I know SWT
              > isn't quite the same, but anyways, that seems to be
              > the problem. Don't worry though, as the Lomboz plugin
              > had the same problem, nothing to set the JBoss
              > directory.

I don't know if this is the problem but the server navigator is empty at the beginning. You have to right click the white and choose configuration.