1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2008 4:29 PM by tnov

rich:menuItem problem

tnov

Hi,

I have a following problem and can't solve it anyway. I have rich:menuItem in my dropDown menu. This menuItem activates action what generates pdf document using Jasper Reports. It simply generates the array of bytes what I want to pul into the reponse. When I put h:commandLink inside the rich:menuItem everything goes fine. But user is not able to click on the whole surface of the menuItem. It's just possible to click on the text of the commandLink. When I don't put there the commandLink and leave the action just on the rich:menuItem, it executes the code in the bean, but then when I clicking anything else (any other commandLink or menuItem) on the form, it executes the same action again and again and still is not possible to invoke any other action on the form

Can you please give me some advice? I would by appreciated...

ps. I'm using RichFaces 3.1.3 GA (same problem is in the other versions)

Thanx a lot.

• 1. Re: rich:menuItem problem
          tnov

I would like to mention yet one thing. The problem occures only when manipulating with response (the case when i need to write pdf bytes into the response). In other cases (eg. updating backing bean values etc..) everything goes fine...

Thanx for any advice...