7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2005 11:10 AM by deb

suport for eclipse 3.1M7+

sirmyth

Jboss plugin does not work with eclipse 3.1M7.
      According to Eclipse team problem is with statusDialog that is no
      longer part of the eclipse build. The error is:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
      org/eclipse/jdt/internal/ui/dialogs/StatusDialog

Any idea if/when plugin to match new eclipse 3.1 will be released ( final build for eclipse is going to be released next month)?

• 1. Re: suport for eclipse 3.1M7+
          seansullivan

I downloaded Eclipse 3.1RC1

Is JBossIDE compatible with Eclipse 3.1RC1?

• 2. Re: suport for eclipse 3.1M7+
            felipeal

I don't think so, at least not the 1.4.1 version. I installed it and got the following exception when I tried to create a JBoss configuration on the Debug window:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.Launcher
            Messages.getString(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
            at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.launcher.ui.configuration.ServerLaunchArguments
            Tab.createControl(ServerLaunchArgumentsTab.java:86)
            at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfiguratio
            nTabGroupViewer.showTabsFor(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:720)
            nTabGroupViewer.showInstanceTabsFor(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:639)
            nTabGroupViewer.displayInstanceTabs(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:519)
            nTabGroupViewer$5.run(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:471)
            at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)

nTabGroupViewer.inputChanged(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:488)
            nTabGroupViewer.setInput(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:452)
            nsDialog.handleLaunchConfigurationSelectionChanged(LaunchConfigurationsDialog.ja
            va:788)
            nsDialog$3.selectionChanged(LaunchConfigurationsDialog.java:600)
            at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$3.run(StructuredViewer.jav
            a:763)
            at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatfo
            rm.java:1038)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:775)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:44)
            at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:148)
            at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.firePostSelectionChanged(S

I haven't tried the JBossIDE 1.5M1, but I guess it will fail as well, as this was released a couple of months ago, before the Eclipse 3.1 M7 was available.

-- Felipe

• 3. Re: suport for eclipse 3.1M7+
              deb

I managed to build JBoss IDE from CVS a couple of days ago and get it (nominally) working with Eclipse 3.1RC1 and the current integration build of the WTP, but it required patching a few things, and I'm not convinced it would all work. I also had to include jboss-container.jar from the JBoss AS build to get Eclipse to load it properly, which seemed excessive.

I can post the patches, but I don't think they're end-user useful just yet.

Earlier versions definitely don't work in M7 or RC1, though.

• 4. Re: suport for eclipse 3.1M7+

Please deb post the patches, just to try!!

• 5. Re: suport for eclipse 3.1M7+
                  raghavendra.vaidya

one of the things that changed from 3.1 M6 to 3.1 M7 + is the changes that were made to the org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.LauncherMessages...the eclipse team removed the getString(String arg0) method and created a series of public static String fields which were initialized...I think the JBOss IDE plugin needs to make changes to use the public static fields instead of calling getString method...

• 6. Re: suport for eclipse 3.1M7+
                    thomas.fi

same error with eclipse 31RC2, are you doing something for this?

org.jboss.ide.eclipse - 1.4.1.e31-jre14
                    Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".

eclipse.buildId=I20050610-1757
                    java.version=1.4.2_06
                    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
                    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
                    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

• 7. Re: suport for eclipse 3.1M7+
                      deb

If you peek at http://www.ysabel.org/jboss/jbosside/I20050601/ there are two diff files there. diff-minimal.txt is the minimum I had to do to get things to compile. diff-maximal.txt includes using an integration build number and a couple of other little cleanup things.

This was built against RC1 and WTP-I20050602. I haven't tried it against RC2 yet. It allowed me to do things like see the JBoss preference pages and basic stuff seemed to work, but I didn't test it exhaustively. You'll also need to add in jboss-container.jar from a current JBoss distribtion or CVS build (ugh!); look for the plugin patch that includes that for where it should go.

Absolutely no warranty implied. You break it, you get to keep the pieces. But if it helps someone, great! :)