11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2006 2:52 AM by mculpepper

Making the auto build work on my machine

maxandersen

Hi,

So i followed the instructions at http://docs.jboss.com/jbosside/releng/user/build/en/html_single/

and here is what i get when i run

build-nightly.bat product

Buildfile: common\buildRequirements.xml

BUILD FAILED
      C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders\common\buildReq
      uirements.xml:6: Property eclipse.archive.path was circularly defined.

Total time: 0 seconds

BUILD FAILED
      C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders\product\product
      Build.xml:5: Property enable.publishing was circularly defined.

Buildfile: product\buildResults.xml

BUILD FAILED
      C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders\product\buildRe
      sults.xml:3: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders\common\scp.xml:
      4: Property enable.publishing was circularly defined.

....just to let you know that something is still missing in the docs ;)

I'll try and figure out why that error occurs...but any tips would be welcomed ;)

• 1. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine
          maxandersen

so that was because global.properties contained the following lines even though i selected false in the swing ui:

enable.publishing=${enable.publishing}
          enable.notification=${enable.notification}

by examing it further it seems like the swing ui never wrote a customize.properties.

i'll just go back to good old trial and error again ;)

• 2. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine
            maxandersen

even doing this manually by copying customize.properties.template it seems that specifying an ssh.key is *required* otherwise you get similar recursive failures for that part.

• 3. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine
              maxandersen

....and is there any way that we can print to the console the same things we do to the build.log....took me a couple of retries to figure out when it says:

BUILD SUCCEDED and it "freezes" it means "i'm getting a s*load of dependencies from repository.com"

• 4. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine

Great, some feedback =)

I've confirmed your SSH bug.. I'll fix it ASAP as well as try to make the build output to STDOUT as well as the log ;)

• 5. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine
                  maxandersen

ok ...so i let it do its leaching over night and woke up to this:

c:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders|? build-nightly.bat product
                  Buildfile: common\buildRequirements.xml

cleanRequirements:
                  [delete] Deleting 1 files from C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclip
                  se.releng\requirements

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

BUILD FAILED
                  C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders\product\product
                  Build.xml:68: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  Build.xml:197: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  Build.xml:199: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  Build.xml:158: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders\builder-wrap.xm
                  l:51: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders\builder-wrap.xm
                  l:77: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders\common\buildReq
                  uirements.xml:13: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  uirements.xml:21: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\requirements\xerces\buil
                  dRequirement.xml:3: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\requirements\webtools\bu
                  ildDriver.xml:7: Error while expanding C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.
                  eclipse.releng\requirements\xerces\Xerces-J-bin.2.7.1.zip

Total time: 20 minutes 21 seconds
                  Buildfile: product\buildResults.xml

publish.log:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

and the build.log (which is mysteriously placed outside all the other "build directories" ;) contains:

Buildfile: product\productBuild.xml

nightly:

build:
                  [mkdir] Created dir: C:\jbossidebuild\buildoutput\N200601232208
                  [mkdir] Created dir: C:\jbossidebuild\buildoutput\N200601232208\all
                  [mkdir] Created dir: C:\jbossidebuild\buildoutput\N200601232208\bundle
                  [delete] Deleted 3 directories from C:\jbossidebuild\buildoutput
                  [echo] c:/work/os/jbosside/releng/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng/requirements/eclipse/return.properties is not available

build.requirement:

getBaseEclipse:
                  [get] Getting: http://repository.jboss.com/eclipse/sdk/3.1.1/eclipse-SDK-3.1.1-win32.zip
                  [get] To: C:\jbossidebuild\buildoutput\eclipse-SDK.zip

unzipEclipse:
                  [unzip] Expanding: C:\jbossidebuild\buildoutput\eclipse-SDK.zip into C:\jbossidebuild\buildoutput
                  [echo] load properties from c:/work/os/jbosside/releng/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng/requirements/eclipse/return.properties
                  [echo] Building JBossIDE with build type 'standalone.product'

run.builders:

nightly:

main:
                  [delete] C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\builders\workspace not found.
                  [echo] c:/work/os/jbosside/releng/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng/requirements/xerces/return.properties is not available

build.requirement:

check.archive:

download.archive:

build.driver:
                  [unzip] Expanding: C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\requirements\xerces\Xerces-J-bin.2.7.1.zip into C:\work\os\jbosside\releng\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.releng\requirements\xerces

any tips to how i should continue would be appreciated (note: last time i tried it actually starting to build..now it just seem to stop in the middle of nowhere...)

• 6. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine

it's possible that Xerces has updated their latest version and this link is no longer valid, or that this was a fluke.. have you tried retrieving the URL manually?

• 7. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine
                      maxandersen

where can i see the url ? ...and why no errors about it ?

• 8. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine

it should be in requirements/xerces/build.properties ? You can pass extra ant arguments to all the build scripts, i.e..

build-nightly product -debug -verbose

=)

• 9. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine

I created a Build System sub-component of the JBossIDE project in JIRA so we can better track the bugs in the system... Would you mind filing your bugs and assigning 'em to me?

• 10. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine

Ok, well, I fixed the circular reference bug... also updated the GUI to be a little nicer ;) tell me if it's working now?

• 11. Re: Making the auto build work on my machine

Regarding the "printing log to screen & build.log" problem -- this is easily fixable using the unix program "tee" but I don't know of a similar solution on windows, unless you use cygwin?