2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2006 12:32 PM by koen.aers

JBossIDE / JEE5 features for JBossSeam

Hey everyone..

Since there's no dev forum for JBossSeam, I'm posting here in the IDE dev forums. I'm looking for a nice wishlist/feature set for what should be in a possible JBossSeam IDE. I am hoping that most of these features will make it into JBossIDE 2.0 by the JavaOne time frame... If it's not doable by then we will probably just defer it to a later release, but any ideas are definately welcome.

Thanks, look forward to the discussion..

• 1. Re: JBossIDE / JEE5 features for JBossSeam
          theute

We have a unique forum :)

I would like to see a better integration (for the user) of Hibernate Tools, jBPM jPDL page flow designer and the following.

Ability to create a new project through a wizard (that's what i worked on a bit with ugly code)
          The wizard should end up with a project structure including libs, build script and even a demo application if the user wants. The user should also have the ability to add anything required to test his application (E-EJB3 + required config files and build target) if he wants to.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: JBossIDE / JEE5 features for JBossSeam
            koen.aers

I have already most of these things for jBPM. I guess it should not be very difficult to add what you mention. In any case I plan to isolate the seam stuff from the jbpm designer to include it in its own plugin. Both the seam pageflow and the jbpm jpdl plugins should be based on a common foundation. This will need a bit of refactoring.
            As for the project structure, this is also already done for jbpm. But before doing it, I would need to play a bit with the seam stuff to get a grip on what exactly is needed.

Regards,
            Koen