3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 11:21 AM by akazakov

Validation onlyh for last modified files (and maybe related

Hi!

Validation is still too slow, (we have a project with around 2000 .xthml files, and, frankly, to make it usable, most of the team plain goes to Preferences->Validation and unchecks all the checkboxes in the "Build" column (and our computers are not that slow, see Environment). The problem then is that validation is only manual (and it is easy to forget to call it)

What I would like is an option to have validation called only on the files that had changes since the last validation (even if I have opened the project for the first time, or if I made a "Clean" of all the projects in the workspace). If I have not made a change, I do not want validation to waste my time.

If have a small project, and I feel like it is necessary, it should be possible (and easy) to configure validation to validate related files to predefined depth... and only if I have a really small project (or a super huge multicore workstations with lots of RAM) have validation work the way it does now.

Environment: 1.86Ghz Cored 2 Duo with 4Gbytes of RAM, 150Gbytes HDD, WinXP SP3, JDK1.6u14

What do you think? would it be doable?