4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2003 11:51 PM by tom.elrod

JbossMX and MX4J : Any connection ?

btal

I was wondering if there is any connection between the JbossMX and the MX4J projects (besides both being sourceforge projects).

Is there any future plan to unify the two, or to use MX4J within JBoss?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: JbossMX and MX4J : Any connection ?

MX4J is an independent project and is not related to JBossMX (or JBoss). My guess is that it will remain that way (at least for the foreseeable future).

IMHO, both projects have a strong development team and would be interested in hearing how you think they compare.

• 2. Re: JbossMX and MX4J : Any connection ?
            marc.fleury

Apart from the fact that it was started by an early jboss contributor, Simone Bordet, there is not much in common between mx4j and jbossMX.

Well apparently simone simply follows what we do and eventually copies it :) so... you might as well stick around here as this is where the innovation is.

marcf

• 3. Re: JbossMX and MX4J : Any connection ?
              marc.fleury

> IMHO, both projects have a strong development team
              > and would be interested in hearing how you think they
              > compare.

Wow, you are one of the core guys of JBossMX and you talk about your competition with flowers in your mouth...

See, around here, we know we are the best and stuff so we walk around talking trash and belittleling other projects.

• 4. Re: JbossMX and MX4J : Any connection ?

I guess I don't really see MX4J as competition, just another alternative to JBoss-MX. The way I see it, it is up to us to make sure JBoss-MX is a better choice than the other alternatives, which IMHO, I think it is (but is ultimately up to the users to decide).

As for Simone, I did not know him when he was involved in JBoss, so don’t really know what was going on at that time. I do, however, work with him on the JSR 160 spec group and have a great deal of respect for his contributions within that group.