1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 23, 2003 5:44 AM by jai_vasanthan

Using JMX in J2EE Application

kewlbee

"kewlbee" wrote:
      "kewlbee" wrote:
      I am new to this user group and I am also very new to JMX concept. I am still learning the b asic concepts of JMX. My question is I have web application which uses JBoss as app server, tomcat as webserver and oracle as back end. I would like to collect the following information in a single Console.

1. Session Information ( Average session size ).
      2. Transaction Processing -Web to servlet -Servlet to EJB
      3. EJB performance metrics.
      4. Tomcat performance metrics.
      5. Session Managment -Killing User Sessions( if they r doing something wrong and got stuck up ) -Session Context( wat is a user currently doing? )
      6. Number of Active sessions -Currently Active -Peak concurrent

My question is, how difficult is it to collect all this information in once screen using JMX, I have been working in Java for a long time but still learning the concept of JMX. Could anybody help me out ways to approach this problem.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

-Ram

• 1. Re: Using JMX in J2EE Application
          jai_vasanthan

"jai_vasanthan" wrote:
          "jai_vasanthan" wrote:
          AdventNet ManageEngine JMX Studio supports most of your requirements, just try downloading it free from www.adventnet.com,

Out of the box EJB, Servlet, JSP, Java performance metrics, other than that configuration of management information from any data source such as EJB, WebApplication, DB, etc., can also be done.

Cheers,

Jayavasanthan.J
          Project Leader
          AdventNet ManageEngine JMX Studio
          www.adventnet.com