13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2008 4:36 PM by alesj

Use of JBAS5 management api's by user apps

ccrouch

Is it going to be theoretically/practically possible for user applications to make use of the same annotations currently being added to the Datasource/JMS components in AS5?

The idea here would be for a regular .war/.ear application to benefit from the profileservice/metadata repository functionality which is built into the app server.

For example, I have an app that runs a batch job every 60minutes, I would like to make this frequency configurable, but don't want to deal with making this configuration persistent and reading/updating it etc. Instead I just want to annotate that this property and its parent class with the appropriate ManagedProperty/ManagedObject/ManagedComponent annotations, so that I can query the profile service for a management interface, then set the new frequency value, and know that that new value is going to be set on my component when the app server restarts?

I guess this would be somewhat analogous to having user apps make use of the JMX server in JBAS4.x...

Thanks