0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2009 11:14 AM by emuckenhuber

JBAS-6697, exposing deploy directories

emuckenhuber

"Ian Springer" wrote:

That sounds close to what we need, but not exactly. In the Jopr jboss-as-4 plugin, when a user creates a new WAR or EAR via Jopr, they are prompted to enter the deploy directory, which is a path relative to the AS configSet dir. They would usually enter "deploy" or "farm", but we had a couple users who deployed to "my.custom.deploy" or something (e.g. when they wanted to keep their deploy dir on a different filesystem). We were hoping to provide this same option at app create time in the jboss-as-5 plugin. Prompting for a deployment profile name seems like it might be too low-level for an end-user; it might be more intuitive to them to just specify the directory they want to deploy to. What do you think? Charles, any thoughts

Yes i know what you mean. But that's what this part of ProfileService is all about. A profile does not necessarily have a directory, therefore it would not make sense to expose them. So from a ProfileService standpoint a URL to a directory is far too low level and a implementation detail. In future we want to go further away from this file based notion, so exposing the directories would be a step back.
      Although we could make it easier to create e.g. 'my.custom.deploy.profile'.