2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2009 10:08 AM by emuckenhuber

ManagedConnectionFactory security-domain value recreation

emuckenhuber

WRT https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6796

It seems that wrapping the security-domain in a ManagedObject does not seem to be the right way. At least from the console side the recreation of this value cannot be really done correctly, as there are not enough information available. Which means that the ManagedObject is not fully popluated.
      Using the ManagedObjectFactory on the console side also does not seem to make much sense, as they would depend on the SecurityMetaData class.

A CompositeValue seems to make more sense here, as it's more robust and easier to handle than a ManagedObject.
      We can use a MetaMapper, which then can create the correct SecurityMetaData based on that.

I think in general the use of a ManagedObject as a value should be avoided, as the recreation is quite complex without the ManagedObjectFactory and the real class.

If this can also be done easily from the console side, then i would suggest that we change that. comments?

• 1. Re: ManagedConnectionFactory security-domain value recreatio
          ips

+1 on changing security-domain to a CompositeValue and +1 also on avoiding GenericValue/ManagedObject as property values in general. Besides making the value impossible for clients to set, it makes the value difficult to even read. We'll have no issues on the console side converting a CompositeValue to an RHQ property.

• 2. Re: ManagedConnectionFactory security-domain value recreatio
            emuckenhuber

"ips" wrote:
            +1 on changing security-domain to a CompositeValue and +1 also on avoiding GenericValue/ManagedObject as property values in general. Besides making the value impossible for clients to set, it makes the value difficult to even read. We'll have no issues on the console side converting a CompositeValue to an RHQ property.

Okay i'll change the security-domain to a CompositeValue then.

It basically just has a SimpleValue domain and a EnumValue for the deploymentType.