2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2009 11:32 PM by ips

EJBAccessException when trying to invoke methods on Profile

ips

I've followed the instructions at http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/RemoteAccesstoProfileService, including setting up a "profileservice" security domain containing a user "admin" with role "Administrator". I'm able to successfully lookup the remote EJB proxy, but I'm getting the following error when I try to invoke any methods on it:

Exception in thread "main" javax.ejb.EJBAccessException: Caller unauthorized
       at org.jboss.ejb3.security.RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptorv2.invoke(RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptorv2.java:199)
       at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:102)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.security.Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptorv2.invoke(Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptorv2.java:186)
       at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:102)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.ENCPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ENCPropagationInterceptor.java:41)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.BlockContainerShutdownInterceptor.invoke(BlockContainerShutdownInterceptor.java:67)
       at org.jboss.aspects.currentinvocation.CurrentInvocationInterceptor.invoke(CurrentInvocationInterceptor.java:67)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessContainer.dynamicInvoke(StatelessContainer.java:415)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.session.InvokableContextClassProxyHack._dynamicInvoke(InvokableContextClassProxyHack.java:53)
       at org.jboss.aop.Dispatcher.invoke(Dispatcher.java:91)
       at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler.invoke(AOPRemotingInvocationHandler.java:82)
       at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:891)
       at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.completeInvocation(ServerThread.java:744)
       at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:697)
       at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:524)
       at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:232)
       at org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:211)
       at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1724)
       at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:629)
       at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:60)
       at org.jboss.aspects.tx.ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.java:61)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.security.client.SecurityClientInterceptor.invoke(SecurityClientInterceptor.java:65)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalInterceptor.java:74)
       at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.PojiProxy.invoke(PojiProxy.java:62)
       at $Proxy7.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.impl.handler.session.SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.invoke(SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.java:207)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.impl.handler.session.SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.invoke(SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.java:164)
       at $Proxy2.getDomains(Unknown Source)
       at test.EjbClient.main(EjbClient.java:35)
       at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:72)
       at org.jboss.aspects.tx.ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.java:61)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.security.client.SecurityClientInterceptor.invoke(SecurityClientInterceptor.java:65)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalInterceptor.java:74)
       at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.PojiProxy.invoke(PojiProxy.java:62)
       at $Proxy7.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.impl.handler.session.SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.invoke(SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.java:207)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.impl.handler.session.SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.invoke(SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.java:164)
       at $Proxy2.getDomains(Unknown Source)
       at test.EjbClient.main(EjbClient.java:35)

The client code I'm using is at https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jopr/trunk/etc/jbas5-ejb-client/.

Here's my security config from the server side:

entry from default/conf/login-config.xml:

<application-policy name="profileservice">
       <authentication>
       <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
       flag="required">
       <module-option name="usersProperties">props/profileservice-users.properties</module-option>
       <module-option name="rolesProperties">props/profileservice-roles.properties</module-option>
       </login-module>
       </authentication>
       </application-policy>

default/conf/props/profileservice-users.properties:

admin=admin

default/conf/props/profileservice-roles.properties:

admin=Administrator

What am I missing?

Thanks,
      Ian

• 1. Re: EJBAccessException when trying to invoke methods on Prof
          starksm64

the security domain is already defined in the deploy/profileservice-jboss-beans.xml:

<!-- profileservice secureview application-policy definition -->
           <application-policy xmlns="urn:jboss:security-beans:1.0" name="profileservice">
           <authentication>
           <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule" flag="required">
           <module-option name="unauthenticatedIdentity">nouser</module-option>
           <module-option name="usersProperties">profileservice-users.properties</module-option>
           <module-option name="rolesProperties">profileservice-roles.properties</module-option>
           </login-module>
           </authentication>
           </application-policy>

and this refers to the profileservice-*.properties found in the root of the profileservice-secured.jar deployment:
          [573][valkyrie: deploy]$ ls profileservice-secured.jar/
          META-INF profileservice-users.properties
          profileservice-roles.properties

Updating the users/roles there is what you need to do.

We probably should be reporting some kind of warning when two deployments are creating the same security domain.

• 2. Re: EJBAccessException when trying to invoke methods on Prof
            ips

I removed my own profileservice domain, restarted the app server, and updated my client code to use Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL="javaduke" and Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS="anotherduke", but I still get the same "javax.ejb.EJBAccessException: Caller unauthorized" error. My latest client code is at https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jopr/trunk/etc/jbas5-ejb-client/.