3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2009 11:18 AM by Jesper Pedersen

[JBAS-6519] JCA / XAResourceRecovery

Jesper Pedersen Master

I have started looking into this task which builds on the discussion in the thread

The org.jboss.tm.XAResourceRecovery interface specifies that registered components should return an array of XAResource objects.

We have access to the XAResource objects in the org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager class where they are handled through ManagedConnection.getXAResource() or at the ConnectionListener level - optional wrapped by the org.jboss.tm.XAResourceWrapper interface providing more information about the underlying EIS.

Getting the array of XAResource objects should be handled in such a way that it doesn't block the operation of the TxConnectionManager.

Btw - I don't see an usage of the org.jboss.tm.XAResourceWrapper interface in the transaction trunk/ module. Is this correct ?

As the current JCA implementation isn't fully exposed through the *-jboss-beans.xml - I would say that the hooks into the org.jboss.tm.XAResourceRecoveryRegistry should be handled using reflection in the startService() / stopService() method calls.

Feel free to add feedback.