* Import a transaction propagation context into this TM.
* The TPC is loosely typed, as we may (at a later time) want to
* import TPCs that come from other transaction domains without
* offloading the conversion to the client.
* @param tpc The transaction propagation context that we want to
* import into this TM. Currently this is an instance
* of GlobalId. At some later time this may be an instance
* of a transaction propagation context from another
* transaction domain like
* @return A transaction representing this transaction propagation
* context, or null if this TPC cannot be imported.
public Transaction importTransactionPropagationContext(Object tpc)
if (tpc instanceof GlobalId)
GlobalId id = (GlobalId) tpc;
return (Transaction) globalIdTx.get(id);
log.warn("Cannot import transaction propagation context: " + tpc);
In above codes, the line of "globalIdTx.get(id)" has been used to get a Transaction, NOT specified action "importing a transaction propagation context into this TM".
But I found another implementation of "importTransactionPropagationContext" in TyrexTransactionPropagationContextManager.java. So I guess that the implementation in TxManager.java does not work/be used at all.
Am I right?
Because my job focuses on WS-Transaction, I want to leverage the implemention of JTA in jboss to achieve "Transaction Context Propagation". If you've some comments/hints, you could send them to me any time. Your replies will be greatly appreciated.
IBM China Research Laboratory
Tel: +86-10-62986677 ext.230 Fax: +86-10-82899634 Tie Line: 905-6677-230
The idea of this interface is that it takes an id and looks up the real transaction.
JBoss/JTA doesn't support distrbiuted transactions.
See the comments about CosTransactions.