I'll look at POP/SSL and SMTP/SSL, probably makes sense since I'm pretty familiar with it already. Just hope there aren't any hidden gotchas!
I'd love to look at the Nukes integration as well.
I'll flesh out the TLS bits of the M1 docs.
This are two parts, where one relies on the other, but is not necessarily needed:
1) alias expansion. Needed in any case, as users want mail to be stored locally and forwarded to their GSM.
2) request processing: a piece of code, that enables user to send mail to a list processor to add/remove/.. them.
One should be able to disable 2)
1) needs an administration frontend (which could be vi if the aliases are stored in a flat file).
2) would then do what Andy wants for Nukes integration.
2) Should imho follow a known list processor like majordomo.
And no, I don't have time to help :-((
For M2 list management should just be MBean based. It will definitely play into nukes integration but I want to get the basics working first. My goal is to get this all replacing JBoss infrastructure ASAP as that will give us a really high volume user that will give us adequate bug reporting.
That's what I meant. Expanding aliases is basic stuff that needs to be present. List management is the bonus.
Sounds about right, I'm just scoping what we'll do for M2.
Can we piggyback on Nukes users/roles for security? I'll have to look into that.
We could make that an option but I think Julien was talking about integrating more with JBossSX so might be less productive than going that direction and meeting them there.
Okay, that's fine. I'd prefer that as well (JBossSX), long-term.