2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2008 10:29 AM by katnel20

Exception when adding new rich tag elements

katnel20

I'm new to RichFaces and trying to mock up a sample page.
      My environment is Java 1.6 - Tomcat 5.5.23 - JSF Sun RI 1.1 - RichFaces 3.1.4.GA

The page will come up and look correct until I add any kind of new element (i.e. rich:panelMenuItem) and refresh the page in my browser.
      I get:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Attibute "name" with value "_id34" is already used in PanelMenu. It must be unique for every group/item.

At this point, I have to stop Tomcat and clear out its working directory for my RichFaces context and restart. Then, the page renders correctly with the new element.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks for any help,
      Kathy.

• 1. Re: Exception when adding new rich tag elements
          daniel.soneira

I also get some exceptions when I look at a page - change its source then refresh it.. but only on the first time.

Did you try to refresh a second time? Or maybe it helps just going to the address bar of your browser and pressing enter twice.

• 2. Re: Exception when adding new rich tag elements
            katnel20

Okay. I tried that and in IE I do see the same pattern as you...
            It works after a refresh (although sometimes I have to clear the browser cache for it to come up)
            Not so successful in Firefox and definitely not working for me using the browser inside Eclipse. (Does anyone know how to clear that one's cache?)

Kathy.