7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2005 1:46 PM by msargent

Web services : Class not found com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_xsd_s

cugnonr

I have followed your tutorial about Web services in your "Getting started" guide for JBoss 4.0.0

When I start the Web service client, I receive this error message on the first line :

[java] 2004-10-22 08:00:23,765 WARN org.jboss.webservice.deployment.TypeMappingDescription[main] - Class not found: com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_xsd_string.

Except this error message, I receive the output mentionned in you tutorial.

This seems to be a mapping problem betwen XML type and Java type.
      How can I resolve this problem?
      I it a problem in the jaxrpc libraries?

I work with JDK 1.4 and JBoss 4.0.0.

• 1. Re: Web services : Class not found com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_x

There are several solutions. The easiest is to add a com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_xsd_string class. It doesn't need any methods. Just have a class of that name.

We'll be redoing the web services example in the next revision of the guide to make the example interesting than an array of strings. Look for that in the next couple weeks.

• 2. Re: Web services : Class not found com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_x
            dstovall1

I am having the same warning. I tried adding an empty file named ArrayOf_xsd_string.class with no avail. I then created a ArrayOf_xsd_string.java which even had a constructor. It compiles, and it is in my bankws-ejb.jar in the com\jboss\ebank package. The server log still contains the folllowing entries:

13:07:19,056 WARN [JavaWsdlMapping] Cannot find jaxrpc-mapping for type: {http://ebank.jboss.com}ArrayOf_xsd_string
            13:07:19,103 WARN [TypeMappingDescription] Class not found: com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_xsd_string

and my output from the client sample program still looks like the fowolling:

C:\j2eetutorial14\examples\bank>ant -f jboss-build.xml run-ws
            run-ws:
            [java] 2004-11-18 13:08:34,337 WARN org.jboss.webservice.deployment.TypeMappingDescription[main] - No class definition for com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_xsd_string
            [java] Customer: 200
            [java] account[5005] 3300.00
            [java] account[5006] 2458.32
            [java] account[5007] 220.03
            [java] account[5008] 59601.35

Is there another workaround that will help me with this. This is the first real issue I have had with the tutorial thus far. Thanks for the great tutorial. I have been out of the J2EE game for a while and it is a great starting place for focusing on both the 1.4 J2EE standard via the duke's bank app, as well as the jboss specific descriptors you need to learn about.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Dave

• 3. Re: Web services : Class not found com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_x

When I add src/com/jboss/ebank/ArrayOf_xsd_string.java, the message goes away. Is that what you have done?

I've added this class, and it will be in the next release of the getting started guide. (probably this weekend)

• 4. Re: Web services : Class not found com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_x
                dstovall1

I had added the empty class to the src dir, recompiled, reassembled and redeployed multiple times and recieved multiple failures. I then tried shutting down and restarting the JBoss server. The shutdown and restart did the trick as there is no errors or warning message in the server log or the test client application any more.

I am still a bit curious as to why you need this dummy class.

Also there appears to be an issue with hot deployment of the web service, especially if you try to hot deploy after you add the empty class.

I am also on 4.0.1RC1 so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Thanks again for your help!

Dave

• 5. Re: Web services : Class not found com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_x
                  msargent

I am having the same issue today (see below) with not finding the jaxrpc-mapping for ArrayOf_xsd_string. I checked my bankws-ejb.jar and I have the class in the \com\jboss\ebank path. I have checked everything against the startupGuide, the only thing that I see is that the guide refers to a "jaxrpc" mapping file and the only file that I have is a mapping.xml (in the "meta-inf"). Please let me know where I have gone wrong.

09:57:46,104 INFO [EjbModule] Deploying TellerBean
                  09:57:46,354 INFO [EJBDeployer] Deployed: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.1RC1/server/default/deploy/bankws-ejb.jar
                  09:57:46,589 INFO [WSDLFilePublisher] WSDL published to: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.1RC1/server/default/data/wsdl/bankws-ejb.jar/teller.wsdl
                  09:57:46,745 WARN [JavaWsdlMapping] Cannot find jaxrpc-mapping for type: {http://ebank.jboss.com}ArrayOf_xsd_string
                  09:57:46,745 ERROR [ServiceDeployer] Cannot startup webservice for: bankws-ejb.jar
                  org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Cannot deploy webservice; - nested throwable: (javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException)

• 6. Re: Web services : Class not found com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_x

Are you running with the code for second release of the getting started guide?

• 7. Re: Web services : Class not found com.jboss.ebank.ArrayOf_x
                      msargent

Yes, I believe so. The getting started guide that I have says "Getting Started with JBoss 4.0 Release 2". Is there anything that I can look at in the code that will tell me if I have the right version of the code (from sun I am using j2ee-1_4-doc-tutorial_2.zip, and then adding the supplimental code that came with the getting started guide jboss_startguide40.zip). Up to this point the Tutorial has been going well
                      Thanks in advance for the help. I am very excited about JBoss, I have been working for years with tomcat and recently started a project that will involve building web services.