Have you made any changes to the default datasource?
I did the changes to /server/default/deploy/hsqldb-ds.xml that are described in Chapter 22.214.171.124 (enabling one connection-url and mbean and disabling the other ones)
I tried again. Installed JBoss4.0.1 from scratch, started it. Everything OK. Then changed hsqldb-ds.xml as written in Ch. 126.96.36.199 . Now I have the same startup log as above. Can anyone find a mistake in this hsqldb-ds.xml?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- The Hypersonic embedded database JCA connection factory config
$Id: hsqldb-ds.xml,v 1.15 2004/09/15 14:37:40 loubyansky Exp $ -->
<!-- The jndi name of the DataSource, it is prefixed with java:/ -->
<!-- Datasources are not available outside the virtual machine -->
<!-- for tcp connection, allowing other processes to use the hsqldb
database. This requires the org.jboss.jdbc.HypersonicDatabase mbean.-->
<!-- for totally in-memory db, not saved when jboss stops.
The org.jboss.jdbc.HypersonicDatabase mbean necessary
<!-- for in-process persistent db, saved when jboss stops. The
org.jboss.jdbc.HypersonicDatabase mbean is necessary for properly db shutdown
<!-- The driver class -->
<!-- The login and password -->
<!--example of how to specify class that determines if exception means connection should be destroyed-->
<!-- this will be run before a managed connection is removed from the pool for use by a client-->
<!--<check-valid-connection-sql>select * from something</check-valid-connection-sql> -->
<!-- The minimum connections in a pool/sub-pool. Pools are lazily constructed on first use -->
<!-- The maximum connections in a pool/sub-pool -->
<!-- The time before an unused connection is destroyed -->
<!-- NOTE: This is the check period. It will be destroyed somewhere between 1x and 2x this timeout after last use -->
<!-- TEMPORARY FIX! - Disable idle connection removal, HSQLDB has a problem with not reaping threads on closed connections -->
<!-- sql to call when connection is created
<new-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</new-connection-sql>
<!-- sql to call on an existing pooled connection when it is obtained from pool
<check-valid-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</check-valid-connection-sql>
<!-- example of how to specify a class that determines a connection is valid before it is handed out from the pool
<!-- Whether to check all statements are closed when the connection is returned to the pool,
this is a debugging feature that should be turned off in production -->
<!-- Use the getConnection(user, pw) for logins
<!-- Use the security domain defined in conf/login-config.xml -->
<!-- Use the security domain defined in conf/login-config.xml or the
getConnection(user, pw) for logins. The security domain takes precedence.
<!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional) -->
<!-- This mbean can be used when using in process persistent hypersonic -->
<!-- This mbean should be used only when using tcp connections. Uncomment
when the tcp based connection-url is used. -->
<!-- This mbean can be used when using in process persistent db
Looks like soliloquising.
In my last post the xml-text seems to have been partly destroyed. The forum software seems to dislike some xml-tags. The part of hsqldb-ds.xml about mbean-declaration in the file is, different to what it looks like in my post, with correct xml-tags.
Seems as if the "Getting Started.."- document contains an error. The hsqldb-ds.xml contains a line
According to the document you have to activate not the localDB-mbean, but the standalone-mbean. This leads to the error I got. Changing the line above to
seems to solve the problem.
i had your problem, and it is not solved only by your suggestion. In addition to your suggestion, i replaced all
in the files "standardjaws.xml, standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml" over "C:\jboss-4.0.1sp1\server\default\conf" and then so my problem is exactly solved
i had the same database issue using JBoss 4.0.2 as well as with
version [whatever the latest version of was with the latest CVS checkout on May 8].
The simple solution pointed out by zaphod68 seemed to work for me, namely
No other changes, and it went just as the documentation said it would.
Thanks, zaphod68, for finding that...
If someone were to care to explain -why- this happened, that would be nice...
I was just about to start posting exactly the same problem and found you guys discussing it.
I will try your suggestion.
Just deleting the localDB phrase does it.