1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2006 4:25 AM by chvnkishore

JBOSS Pooling

renierb

I am trying to setup a datasource and pooling in jboss. I did manage to setup the datasource in the following pages and my datasource works:

{jbosshome}\server\default\deploy\postgres-ds.xml
      {jbosshome}\server\default\deploy\ROOT.war\WEB-INF\jboss-web.xml and web.xml
      {jbosshome}\server\default\deploy\ROOT.war\WEB-INF\lib\postgresql.jar

does this automatically will use pooling to connect to my postgresql db, or must I do any other changes. And in which pages do i setup pooling?

thanks

• 1. Re: JBOSS Pooling
          chvnkishore

Follow these Steps....

Oracle Configuration
          Oracle is a very popular enterprise database used for its performance and reliability. To configure JBoss 4.0 with Oracle, we first need to put Oracle's driver classes in the CLASSPATH.
          STEP (1) :Copy Oracle's JDBC driver .zip file /jdbc/lib/classes12.zip to the server/default/lib directory.
          STEP (2) :To use Oracle's transactional (XA) data source, copy /docs/examples/jca/oracle-xa-ds.xml to the /server/default/deploy directory. To configure with the non-XA data source, copy /docs/examples/jca/oracle-ds.xml instead, to /server/default/deploy dir.
          STEP (3) :Next, we need to modify the oracle-ds.xml configuration file. The <driver-class/> and <connection-url/> settings for Oracle are as follows:
          Oracle OCI Type 2 Driver
          ? Class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
          ? URL: jdbc:oracle:oci8:@
          Oracle OCI Thin Type 4 Driver
          ? URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@::
          Oracle OCI XA Type 2 Driver
          ? Class: oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource
          ? URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@::
          Oracle OCI Type 2 Driver
          ? URL: jdbc:oracle:oci8:@
          In the Connection URL setting, is the HOST value specified in the /network/ADMIN/tnsnames.ora file, and is the PORT value specified in the tnsnames.ora file, and is the database name.
          STEP (4) :Next, we modify the standardjaws.xml or jaws.xml configuration file.(Located @ server/default/conf) Set the and <type-mapping> elements as follows:

java:/OracleDS
          <type-mapping>Oracle8</type-mapping>

STEP (5) :Next, we modify the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml or jbosscmp-jdbc.xml configuration file, setting the and <datasource-mapping> elements to use Oracle:
          <jbosscmp-jdbc>

java:/OracleDS
          <datasource-mapping>Oracle8</datasource-mapping>

</jbosscmp-jdbc>
          STEP (6) :Finally, we need to modify login-config.xml to use Oracle. Add the following <application-policy> element to login-config.xml:
          <application-policy name = "OracleDbRealm">

<login-module code =
          "org.jboss.resource.security.ConfiguredIdentityLoginModule"
          flag = "required">
          <module-option name = "principal">sa</module-option>
          <module-option name = "userName">sa</module-option>
          <module-option name = "password"></module-option>
          <module-option name ="managedConnectionFactoryName">
          jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=OracleDS
          </module-option>
          </login-module>

</application-policy>
          By modifying the oracle-ds.xml, standardjaws.xml, standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml, and login-config.xml files, the JBoss 4.0 server is configured to be used with a Oracle database.