3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2005 9:44 AM by Shigeru Chiba

VerifyError on javassist generated constructor

Jon Schewe Newbie

I'm generating classes on the fly using javassist and it seems that javassist is creating the incorrect bytecodes for super calls in constructors. I use this these API calls to create a constructor:
      final CtConstructor cons1 = new CtConstructor(new CtClass[] {
      pool.get("dome.interpretation.InterpretationFactory"),
      pool.get("dome.datamodel.FirstClassObject")
      }, clazz);
      cons1.setBody("super((dome.interpretation.InterpretationFactory)$0, (dome.datamodel.FirstClassObject)$1);");
      clazz.addConstructor(cons1);

And when it runs get this error:
      java.lang.VerifyError: (class: dome/model/guid212906758570114/PlaceImpl, method: signature: (Ldome/interpretation/InterpretationFactory;Ldome/datamodel/FirstClassObject;)V) Expecting to find object/array on stack
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
      at dome.interpretation.InterpretationFactory.createInstanceOf(InterpretationFactory.java:133)
      at dome.Test.main(Test.java)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
      at dome.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:33)

It also seems odd that I need to cast $0 and $1 to their datatypes, however if I don't then the javassist compiler complains that it cannot find the appropriate method. This is also true in methods as well as constructors. Does anyone have any workarounds?