1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2004 12:45 AM by tom.elrod

ClassLoader Problem

trk_itkid

Hi,
      I am struck up with a problem with class loader. I was porting my product from WebLogic to JBoss. The scenario is like this :

My product basically has a client and the server operating at remote machines. The Server provides an interface which is a remote object .
      This interface is implemented by the client .

This callbackobject (implemented by the client) is passed as an input parameter to one of the methods of a Session Bean.
      When the client calls this method, the server throws...

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: x.y.sample

ERROR [RMI TCP Connection(1)-10.18.8.178] (?:?) - at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoa
      der.java:199)
      ERROR [RMI TCP Connection(1)-10.18.8.178] (?:?) - at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileg
      ed(Native Method)
      ERROR [RMI TCP Connection(1)-10.18.8.178] (?:?) - at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClas
      sLoader.java:187)
      ERROR [RMI TCP Connection(1)-10.18.8.178] (?:?) - at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoad
      er.java:289)

Any help is highly appreciated

• 1. Re: ClassLoader Problem

Is the callbackobject class (x.y.sample) within the server deoployment file? The server is giving the error because it can not load this class. Although you are implementing the interface from the server, the server still has to load the actual implementation class when it gets server side.