4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2004 5:29 PM by mcscottmc

Hot Deploy nukes.ear

mcscottmc

Has anyone been able to do it? When I copy over a new nukes.ear it seems to throw a lot of Exceptions with the nukes modules in the special nukes directory. Any ideas?

-Scott

• 1. Re: Hot Deploy nukes.ear
          jae77

the modules in the "special" nukes dir have a dependency on the code that is contained in the nukes.ear package.

• 2. Re: Hot Deploy nukes.ear
            mcscottmc

So do you know how to get nukes.ear to hot deploy? If I drop a new nukes.ear in deploy, then drop all new versions of my custom modules in the nukes directory, will everything work? If not, is there a work-around?

-Scott

• 3. Re: Hot Deploy nukes.ear
              jae77

if you have no custom modules deployed (ie, faq, news, etc), then you should be able to hot deploy the nukes.ear file all you want after making changes.

i believe you should be able to get away w/ hot deploying the nukes.ear and then redeploying your custom modules b/c you will cause the classloader to cycle again for the custom module, which should re-resolve the dependencies.

disclaimer: i am in no means an expert on how the classloader works, so if i am incorrect, someone pls jump in and correct me. :)

• 4. Re: Hot Deploy nukes.ear
                mcscottmc

I tried our idea (deploy nukes.ear, then redeploy custom modules) and it still did not work. Just an FYI. I'm sure it could be my configuration or some custom dependencies, so if anyone ever has success hot-deploying nukes.ear please reply here some time. Thanks.

-Scott