(Note: I wasn't sure where to send the patch files so you can find them online: http://www.nicktemple.com/nukes/ )
I just "found" Nukes a few days ago, having been aware of JBoss but never having actually used it, I thought I'd give it a try. Here's a summary of the process I finally came up with.
Note: this was done on a Win2k machine. Your mileage will vary.
*Most* of this was taken from the Wiki:
See "Downloads" for download locations:
1) Unzip & Install "standalone version" 1.0
2) set JBOSS_HOME to the correct path
3) Install MySQL (I'm using 3.23 on a Linux box)
4) Install the MySQL JDBC drivers to JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib, create the datasource in
JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy [See "mysql version" for details]
5) Unzip & Install Daily Snapshot (I used ~2004-03-21)
6) Apply (attached) patchfiles to allow initial creation
7) look over and modify go-nukes.bat to taste. Then run from your nuke-snapshops directory
8) Start JBoss, and login:
Thanks for the Nukes' ... looks great so far. Let me know if this works for you, or at least gives a starting point ...
PS: Any chance of using Velocity as a templating engine for Nukes?