3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2004 12:36 PM by julien1

Try AutoDeploy For Nukes

Hi folks,

I have created an automated process for deploying Nukes 1.0 on JBoss and I have a couple of servers that are sitting idle. If you want to try your own test Nukes web site with just the click of a submit button, go to http://www.wymaya.com . Click on the Web Site Registration Page, enter your email and a context for nukes and click submit request - that's all there is to it. The process is not bug free and no guarentees your web site will come up. You'll know something went wrong if your web site isn't available within 45 minutes.

The Nukes development team has done an excellent job with Nukes. My prediction is that Nukes on JBoss will gain a lot of momentum and industry use over the next 1 to 2 years.

Danny

• 1. Re: Try AutoDeploy For Nukes
          jae77

sweet! - i just tried it and it didn't work for me, but the whole idea seems to be pretty cool.

how are you running multiple instances of nukes on the server?

• 2. Re: Try AutoDeploy For Nukes

Hi Jae,

I checked the link for your web site and it worked for me. You have to wait 20 to 45 minutes after you get the e-mail to check if your site is up.
            The way Nukes is set up, doing auto deployment for Nukes on JBoss is a fairly involved process. I use a combination of message driven beans, ant scripts, and java code to do the auto deployment. To get multiple instances of Nukes on one server you create a new jboss server, change the port number for the jboss server to one that is not being used, and give each instance of Nukes it's own database. To do an auto-deploy requires solving a few more problems.
            It would be nice if multiple instances of Nukes on JBoss could be deployed to one jboss server. This would drastically reduce the amount of memory required to run multiple instances on one server. I was able to do this but it required a massive find and replace of the word Nukes on the code base and then a recompile of the code base. It was much cleaner to have a seperate JBoss server for each instance of Nukes.

Danny

• 3. Re: Try AutoDeploy For Nukes

nukes 2 should address this issue