1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2004 3:21 PM by theute

Problem with classpath when cuztomizing Nukes Modules to use

Hi All,

I have this module GetAttrs that extends ModuleSupport; it's been successfully deployed.
      The compilation is done using the build.xml provided by the source, "nukes-1.1.0-RC3-src/nukes/build.xml".

Nukes
      |-nukes/src/main
      | |- org.jboss.nukes.addons.modules.linkmodule
      | |-GetAttrs.java
      |
      |- nukes/build.xml
      |
      |- ldapjdk.jar

I have written an LDAP client class; it's successfully compiled and run. The librariy I use is ldapjdk.jar.

When I merge the code and compile using the "nukes/build.xml", I got these error messages:
      [javac] Nukes/nukes/src/main/org/jboss/nukes/addons/modules/linkmodule/GetAttrModule.java:9: package netscape.ldap does not exist
      [javac] import netscape.ldap.*;
      [javac] ^
      [javac] Nukes/nukes/src/main/org/jboss/nukes/addons/modules/linkmodule/GetAttrModule.java:23: cannot resolve symbol
      [javac] symbol : class LDAPConnection
      [javac] location: class org.jboss.nukes.addons.modules.linkmodule.GetAttrModule
      [javac] LDAPConnection ld = null;
      [javac] ^

I have added ldapjdk.jar to my Nukes java build path and the directory "netscape/ldap" exists in the ldapjdk.jar.

When I use init.verbose=true, the target in ant shows the following:

buildmagic:init:show-environment:
      [echo] build.compiler: ${build.compiler}
      [echo] java.home: /usr/local/opt/j2sdk/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre
      [echo] java.class.path: /usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-antlr.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-apache-bsf.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-apache-resolver.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-commons-logging.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-commons-net.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-icontract.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-jai.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-jakarta-bcel.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-jakarta-log4j.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-jakarta-oro.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-jakarta-regexp.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-javamail.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-jdepend.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-jmf.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-jsch.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-junit.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-launcher.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-netrexx.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-nodeps.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-starteam.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-stylebook.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-swing.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-trax.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-vaj.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-weblogic.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-xalan1.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-xalan2.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.1/lib/ant-xslp.jar:/usr/local/opt/ide/eclipse-SDK-3.0/plugins/org.eclipse.ant.ui_3.0.0/lib/remoteAnt.jar:/usr/local/opt/j2sdk/j2sdk1.4.2_04/lib/tools.jar
      [echo] java.version: 1.4.2_04
      [echo] java.vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
      [echo] java.vm.version: 1.4.2_04-b05
      [echo] java.vm.name: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
      [echo] java.vm.info: mixed mode

So the ldapjdk.jar is not in the ${java.class.path}, can somebody help point out where is this variable specified? I read through buildmagic.ent and the dependent files, but I saw no part that calls this variable. May have missed something here.

I guess I need to modify the classpath. So I've gone to "Nukes/tools/etc/buildfragments" and modified ${classpath} in task.properties but it doesn't work. I tweaked some classpath variables but I still got the error message.

So here I am posting the message to the forum.

Has somebody met this problem? Is it possible to create our own module with our own libraries without modifying the build scripts that come with the source? This will make the module hard to maintain with the subsequent releases of Nukes.

• 1. Re: Problem with classpath when cuztomizing Nukes Modules to
          theute

Ok, i will try to help but the build is pretty complex:
          You don't have to modify anything but the build.xml of your project

I think (i could and proably am wrong but it may worth the try if you couldn't fix your problem) that you just have to add your library to the target "configure" it the "library.classpath" path.

Let me know if it worked, otherwise i will try to look closer. Or maybe someone else can tell you.