1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2004 5:24 PM by theute

Jboss team must provide a doc on nukes

Hi all,

I am very new to nukes and jboss.
      Since last 7 days i was busy try to set Nukes with Jboss and Eclipse.
      At last today i got succedded to setup and no error was shown.
      Now i want to build my website using nukes.
      I went through whole web search, google but not able to find a single doc which guide me to develop a application in nukes.

Can't creators of nuke place a descent doc.
      One article on O Rilleys by Nukes lead was of no use.

thanks,
      vebs

• 1. Re: Jboss team must provide a doc on nukes
          theute

The article was written a while ago and may be a little bit outdated but still read it again as there are lot of useful things in it, all the basics are there and didn't change
          http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/04/nukes.html

The best thing to do for you is to look at the existing modules, BB is a good one but might be too big, why not starting with the RSS module for instance ?

Copy the directory and play with it, you will see that writing Hello World in a block is not hard if you are familiarized with J2ee, but you may find this step very useful. From that point everything can be done.

Of course a documentation would be great, i would suggest that while you do the Hello World, please take some notes and provide a documentation, or write a Wiki page about it to help developers after you. That's the way Open Source Software grows.

Thanks.

PS: i am not part of JBoss team so whatever i say may be in contradiction with JBoss "spirit"