1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 3:31 PM by kekatos

Reliance jBPM overview

kekatos

Hi all,
      I want to get involved with the reliance-jbpm project but I am not sure I get the general idea the right way.
      At the JBossMicrocontainer wiki page it is described as

reliance-jbpm - define your dependencies with jBPM

So, just to make it clear to me, the general idea of the jbpm-reliance project is to prepare the conf,classes,dependencies,annotations etc that will make the jbpm-jpdl runtime run in the jboss microcontainer without using the jboss
      application server, is that right?

Regards,
      John

• 1. Re: Reliance jBPM overview
          alesj

"kekatos" wrote:
          So, just to make it clear to me, the general idea of the jbpm-reliance project is to prepare the conf,classes,dependencies,annotations etc that will make the jbpm-jpdl runtime run in the jboss microcontainer without using the jboss
          application server, is that right?

No. :-)

The main idea that I have is to be able to introduce flow into bean's lifecycle.

Currently you have pre-defined states - ..., described, instantiated, configured, ..., installed.
          You can of course add new states - see DeployersImpl - but I want to make it more flexible / extensible and transparent at the same time.
          e.g.
          a) perhaps squeezing in a fork of states, and later on a join
          b) having human interaction to confirm your bean can move fwd
          c) add additional behavior when leaving/arriving to state

And jBPM already addresses all these issues.
          a) flexible flow definition
          b) tasks, actors + transparent persistency
          c) actions, execution, ...

Perhaps most of the things can be implemented just as a simple facade on top of jBPM's PVM. I need to investigate this further.