8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2009 2:16 PM by Adrian Brock

    JBAS-6518 - spaces in paths

    Adrian Brock Master

      I've managed to create a testcase in jboss trunk that reproduces this problem.
      It's a hack, so I haven't ported it to JBoss5.

      While looking at the problem I also found:
      https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBVFS-89

      I don't know whether that it is the cause.
      The syptom is jar files that have isLeaf() == true
      and it only occurs if the spaces in the VFSContext part of the original path.

        • 1. Re: JBAS-6518 - spaces in paths
          Ales Justin Master

           

          "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:
          I've managed to create a testcase in jboss trunk that reproduces this problem.
          It's a hack, so I haven't ported it to JBoss5.

          Why in jbossas instead of vfs?
          Hard to reproduce in vfs?

          "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

          While looking at the problem I also found:
          https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBVFS-89

          I don't know whether that it is the cause.
          The syptom is jar files that have isLeaf() == true
          and it only occurs if the spaces in the VFSContext part of the original path.

          I've changed every call to File::toURL to use your suggested File::toURI::toURL.
          It's already commited to trunk and deployed to snapshots.

          • 2. Re: JBAS-6518 - spaces in paths
            Adrian Brock Master

             

            "alesj" wrote:
            "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:
            I've managed to create a testcase in jboss trunk that reproduces this problem.
            It's a hack, so I haven't ported it to JBoss5.

            Why in jbossas instead of vfs?
            Hard to reproduce in vfs?


            Because the original testcase was an ear and we need some tests to trap
            this kind of thing anyway, even when its not VFS related.


            "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

            While looking at the problem I also found:
            https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBVFS-89

            I don't know whether that it is the cause.
            The syptom is jar files that have isLeaf() == true
            and it only occurs if the spaces in the VFSContext part of the original path.

            I've changed every call to File::toURL to use your suggested File::toURI::toURL.
            It's already commited to trunk and deployed to snapshots.


            I'm pretty sure there's more to it than that. I've just done the same thing
            (but not committed it) and there are a few extra failures in the VFS testsuite
            (which already had 15 failures????!!!!!).
            I've fixed the extra issue which is in
            ZipEntryContext.initRootAndPath() not decoding the URL properly,
            but it doesn't seem to have resolved the original problem.

            The real issue is why it thinks the jar is a leaf, which I couldn't debug yesterday
            because the codebases were majorly out-of-synch.

            • 3. Re: JBAS-6518 - spaces in paths
              Ales Justin Master

               

              "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

              (which already had 15 failures????!!!!!).

              I guess this are from testing the temps,
              where I create some new directories.
              It doesn't fail for me on winz, but I do see it on my Linux box.

              "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

              I've fixed the extra issue which is in
              ZipEntryContext.initRootAndPath() not decoding the URL properly,
              but it doesn't seem to have resolved the original problem.

              I've already added VFSUtils::decode to ZipEntryContext::createZipSource.
              More was needed?

              "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

              The real issue is why it thinks the jar is a leaf, which I couldn't debug yesterday
              because the codebases were majorly out-of-synch.

              I added some more isLeaf tests to VFS, to check if temps still behave as before.

              • 4. Re: JBAS-6518 - spaces in paths
                Adrian Brock Master

                 

                "alesj" wrote:

                "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

                The real issue is why it thinks the jar is a leaf, which I couldn't debug yesterday
                because the codebases were majorly out-of-synch.

                I added some more isLeaf tests to VFS, to check if temps still behave as before.


                I've copied across the spaces.ear into the VFS testsuite and added a
                FileVFSUnitTestCase::testJarWithSpacesInContext
                but it doesn't fail.

                I've been trying to play with setting up the forceCopy and the caching used by JBossAS
                but couldn't get it to fail either.

                Maybe you know what magic incantations are required to make behave the same as JBossAS? :-)

                • 5. Re: JBAS-6518 - spaces in paths
                  Adrian Brock Master

                   

                  "alesj" wrote:
                  "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

                  (which already had 15 failures????!!!!!).

                  I guess this are from testing the temps,
                  where I create some new directories.
                  It doesn't fail for me on winz, but I do see it on my Linux box.


                  Yep, more broken path manipulation.
                  I've portablized it. :-)

                  • 6. Re: JBAS-6518 - spaces in paths
                    Ales Justin Master

                     

                    "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

                    Maybe you know what magic incantations are required to make behave the same as JBossAS? :-)

                    Apart from forcedCopy and cache settings in jbossas's vfs.xml I wouldn't know any more magic incantations.

                    • 7. Re: JBAS-6518 - spaces in paths
                      Adrian Brock Master

                       

                      "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

                      The real issue is why it thinks the jar is a leaf, which I couldn't debug yesterday
                      because the codebases were majorly out-of-synch.


                      Actually that is not the problem. Now the codebase is no longer out-of-synch
                      I can properly debug it.

                      I added some more TRACE statements and you can see that
                      VFSUtils' manifest processing is not processing the paths properly
                      2009-02-18 19:04:15,468 TRACE [org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.jar.JARStructure] (RMI TCP Connection(4)-127.0.0.1) Added context org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.
                      structure.StructureContext@f45574 from spaces.ear
                      2009-02-18 19:04:15,468 TRACE [org.jboss.virtual.VFSUtils] (RMI TCP Connection(4)-127.0.0.1) Parsing Class-Path: ./spaces-lib.jar for spaces-ejb.jar parentPath=vfszip:
                      /home/ejort/jboss-head/testsuite/output/lib/dir with spaces/spaces.ear/
                      2009-02-18 19:04:15,469 TRACE [org.jboss.virtual.VFSUtils] (RMI TCP Connection(4)-127.0.0.1) Unable to find es.ear/./spaces-lib.jar from FileHandler@25523328[path= con
                      text=file:/home/ejort/jboss-head/testsuite/output/lib/dir%20with%20spaces/ real=file:/home/ejort/jboss-head/testsuite/output/lib/dir%20with%20spaces/]
                      


                      Where it is the "vfsLibPath" that is getting cutoff in the wrong place because
                      the "parentURL" is not escaped properly.

                      • 8. Re: JBAS-6518 - spaces in paths
                        Adrian Brock Master

                         

                        "adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

                        Where it is the "vfsLibPath" that is getting cutoff in the wrong place because
                        the "parentURL" is not escaped properly.


                        The reason the parentURL was not escaped properly was because it was
                        getting serialized from the client side (the testsuite) where I didn't have the
                        version of the VFS that has the JBVFS-89 fixes.

                        Anyway, the code in VFSUtils looks a mess, so I'm going to correct it anyway
                        https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBVFS-90