2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2004 5:15 AM by loopy

Cannot use XDoclet or Packaging

loopy

This is bizarre. I have tried to install JBossIDE on Eclipse (the latest full stable release, BTW) and I have installed JBossIDE from the URL, so it's going to be the latest one also. I have patched all modules. Now, I have just gone through some tutorials, and when I get to the stage where I am supposed to define Package Configurations, that section does not appear in my Project Properties! What am I doing wrong? I need to create a JAR/WAR file (what's the difference, BTW) but I can't. I can create the Servlet and the Descriptor, but I can't package it! What's wrong? Arggh!

Loopy

• 1. Re: Cannot use XDoclet or Packaging
          ianmarshall

Just a thought since I can get the "Packaging Configurations" option in my Eclipse project properties....

From Eclipse try: "Help" | "About Eclipse Platform" and then click "Plug-in Details".

My resultant plug-in names listed include "JBoss Packaging Core Plug-in", "JBoss Packaging UI Plug-in" and "JBoss UI Plug-in" (amongst many more JBoss ones).

If you have not got these, you will probably need them. If you have already got these, then I have wasted your time (and my apologies for that).

• 2. Re: Cannot use XDoclet or Packaging
            loopy

I've got them, but can't use them. :(