8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2008 11:06 AM by sagar_chopade

Error executing home.create

pcleary

I am going through the IDE tutorial for 1.4, I am running JBoss 4.02.

I got into the debug for the Fibo tutorial and I attach to the servlet, but I get an error when I make the call to home.create. I'm hoping someone can help me.

Here is a snippet of the error I get back...

LogInterceptor] EJBException in method: public abstract tutorial.interfaces.Fibo tutorial.interfaces.FiboHome.create() throws javax.ejb.CreateException,java.rmi.RemoteException:
      javax.ejb.EJBException: Invalid invocation, check your deployment packaging, method=public abstract tutorial.interfaces.Fibo tutorial.interfaces.FiboHome.create() throws javax.ejb.CreateException,java.rmi.RemoteException
      at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invokeHome(StatelessSessionContainer.java:161)

• 1. Re: Error executing home.create
          dragon2feet

Pls change Jboss to version 3.2. It run OK.

Could Jboss team explain about this problem?

• 2. Re: Error executing home.create
            acetyle

I got the same problem using JBoss 4.0.2 but i have created a J2EE 1.4 project and not a J2EE 1.3 Project. Is it possible that this problem come from this choice ? if this assumption is right could tou explain me how to modify the sample to work with J2EE 1.4 and Jboss 4.

Best regards

• 3. Re: Error executing home.create
              ccalvo

I have the same problem.
              Somebody knows what is the solution?

My proyect works fine with JBoss 3.2.7, but fails when I deploy the proyect in JBoss 4.0.2

• 4. Re: Error executing home.create
                zhenshengli

I have the same problem too, anybody get the answer?

• 5. Re: Error executing home.create

Make sure that no class is deployed more than once in an EAR. For example, if your servlet is calling an ejb, make sure only to deploy the ejb classes in the ejb jar, do not deploy them in your WAR.

• 6. Re: Error executing home.create
                    gemig

Following jj's advice I simply removed FiboEJB-client.jar from the packaging of FiboWeb.war (Properties -> Packaging configurations, unselect the FiboEJB-client.jar on FiboWeb.war).

This make everything work for me, but it's most certainly not the way to do it.

• 7. Re: Error executing home.create
                      giscom

jj's answer is well. but this answer will produce another question:when the web container and the ejb container are not in one jvm,what shoule we do?

• 8. Re: Error executing home.create
                        sagar_chopade

When caller of your ejb(web component) and ejbs are in different JVM then you just have to include classes of Home and remote of you ejb in your web module.
                        When caller and ejb are in same JVM and you placed home and remote of your ejb in web module, you get this exception i.e "Invalid invocation, check your deployment packaging", because in this case home and remote are loaded by two class loaders (Web and EJB class loader). Thats why caller finds mismatch.