3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2005 4:46 AM by royski

"Failed to save configuration" when saving xDoclet config -

royski

newbie running the "Fibo" tutorial. I have Eclipse 3.0.2 and JBoss 4.0.2. After modifying the xDoclet Configurations I click "OK". I then get the error message "Failed to save configuration". When I re-open the xDoclet Configurations, my settings are there and they are saved in the .xdoclet file in the Tutorial folder of my Eclipse project. If I attempt to run xdoclet from the project menu, nothing happens; no output is sent to the console and no new code is generated. An exception is logged though:

!ENTRY org.jboss.ide.eclipse.packaging.core 4 0 Jun 24, 2005 15:27:06.937
      !MESSAGE Error while building Ant file
      !STACK 0
      javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not compile stylesheet
      at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(Unknown Source)
      at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.run.XDocletRunPlugin.createBuildFile(XDocletRunPlugin.java:166)
      at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.run.ui.actions.XDocletRunAction$1.run(XDocletRunAction.java:157)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

Anyone else had this fundamental error? Any work arounds?

• 1. Re:
          duranek

Hi,

I have now the same problem. Did you solve it ?

"Royski" wrote:
          newbie running the "Fibo" tutorial. I have Eclipse 3.0.2 and JBoss 4.0.2. After modifying the xDoclet Configurations I click "OK". I then get the error message "Failed to save configuration". When I re-open the xDoclet Configurations, my settings are there and they are saved in the .xdoclet file in the Tutorial folder of my Eclipse project. If I attempt to run xdoclet from the project menu, nothing happens; no output is sent to the console and no new code is generated. An exception is logged though:

!ENTRY org.jboss.ide.eclipse.packaging.core 4 0 Jun 24, 2005 15:27:06.937
          !MESSAGE Error while building Ant file
          !STACK 0
          javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not compile stylesheet
          at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(Unknown Source)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(Unknown Source)
          at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.run.XDocletRunPlugin.createBuildFile(XDocletRunPlugin.java:166)
          at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.run.ui.actions.XDocletRunAction$1.run(XDocletRunAction.java:157)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

Anyone else had this fundamental error? Any work arounds?

• 2. Re:
            duranek

Hi,

I solved the problem with launching eclipse in 1.4.x jre by the following command:

D:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\bin\javaw.exe"

• 3. Re:
              royski

many thanks, Duranek; I'll try this out at the weekend and let you know how it goes.