1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 17, 2008 3:11 PM by Sergey Smirnov

The Validation Error message is not displayed in AJAX Respon

Saravanan Vijayappan Newbie

Hello,

In Ajax response, the validation error message is not displayed. Please see my jsf code here. When I leave the inputtext box (logonid_id) as blank and click a4j commandButton, the validatipon error should be displayed on this page since required=true, but that does not happen. I could see that there's no error message displayed in the tomcat console which confirms that the validation error message is queued back in the response. I am not able to understand why is the error message not displayed in the Ajax response?. Could some one help please to find out what's missing in the code ?

<f:view>
      <f:loadBundle var="msg" basename="com.sample.web.message"/>
      <a4j:form>
      <h:message for="logonid_id" id="error_id"></h:message>
      <h:panelGrid border="0" columns="3" style='color: #0000FF; font-family: "Times New Roman", Serif; page-break-before: auto'>
      <h:outputText value="#{msg.userid_label}"></h:outputText>
      <h:inputText style="height: 19px; width: 185px" id="logonid_id" required="true" value="#{userProfileBean.logonid}"></h:inputText>
      <a4j:commandButton id="cmd_id" immediate="false" value="Retreive" action="#{userProfileBean.doRetrieve}" reRender="panel_id,error_id" ></a4j:commandButton>
      </h:panelGrid>

</a4j:form>

<a4j:form>
      <h:panelGrid border="0" id="panel_id" columns="2"
      style='color: #0000FF; font-family: "Times New Roman", Serif; page-break-before: auto'>

// Some componenets are placed here..
      </h:panelGrid>
      </a4j:form>

</f:view>

======================

Thanks,
      SARAV