0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2006 4:15 AM by gregory.pfister

Configuration of the remote deployment

gregory.pfister

Hello,

I would like to put in place the remote deployment of the developments on the landscape. I use the the version 4.0.3 of the JBoss AS and the version 1.5 of JBoss-IDE. The development post is a Windows XP client, the JBoss servers are hosted on Linux servers (Debian).

When I configure the deployer option in Eclipse, I have a the following URL: http://jboss_test:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOpByName&name=jboss.system:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName={0}&argType=java.net.URL&arg0=

I don't understand how to deal with the JMX-Console authentification, and even if I disable the authentification, it doesn't work.

Can anyone help me understanding how work the remote deployment and how to configure it ? We would like to avoid shared drive or having all developper working directly on the server.

I would like to go through this as we are actually planning to switch our application servers to JBoss, so we are building a pilot landscape and testing development tools before moving some of our developments.

Many thanks in advance.