JBoss 4.0.3 SP1
JBoss IDE plugin 1.5.1GA
My server instance in JBoss is configured at /jboss4.0.3SP1/server/testserver.
From within Eclipse, when i try to define a new runtime server,
1. Debug Perspective
2. Server Tab
3. Right Click -> New Server -> Pick Server type Jboss v4.0. Hit next
4. On the "New JBoss v4.0 Runtime" dialog, i pick my JRE.
5. When i put in the path to the App server directory as /jboss4.0.3SP1/ it complains of a "missing classpath entry /jboss4.0.3SP1/server/default/lib/javax.servlet.jar.
6. If i change the path to point to my ../server/testserver location, then it an't find the run.jar from /jboss4.0.3SP1/bin location.
Bunch of questions:
1. Is there any documentation on the "New Runtime Server" definition process? I couldn't find anything in the JBoss IDE doc set or on the WIki.
2. Do i need to have a default server config defined for this to work?
3. Can i start with a Generic runtime server definition and fill out what's needed to get this to work with JBoss 4.0.3SP1?
4. Do i need to go all the way back to setting up a custom server definition file (at the eclipse/WTP level) and work through this?
Appreciate any help/pointers.