0 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2006 5:13 PM by lhaskins

Cannot use breakpoint inside class (EnhancerByCGLIB)

lhaskins

I'm trying to debug a class in Eclipse using JBossIDE-1.5M3-ALL on a 4.0.3SP1 (and I've tried it on 4.0.3 non-SP1) EJB3 application. When I try to set a breakpoint inside this class, and either hit the breakpoint (unlikely) or just end up executing this class's code (more likely), I get a popup thusly:

------------------------------
      Unable to install breakpoint in
      com.company.app.par.scoresheet.ScoreSheet$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$$46ce2994 due to missing line number attributes. Modify compiler options to generate line number attributes.

Reason:
      Absent Line Number Information
      ------------------------------

Then this was followed by 2 more similar popups with these differences:

...ScoreSheet$$FastClassByCGLIB$$$8f926af5

...ScoreSheet$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$$46ce2994$$$FastClassByCGLIB$$6846f9b7

I've set the build.xml to have debug on, and I have line numbers turned on in both the Preferences and in project specific settings. I can use breakpoints in other classes in this class's package with no problem.

If it helps, here's the declaration for the class:

@Entity(access=AccessType.FIELD)
      @Table(name = "ScoreSheet")
      @SuppressWarnings("serial")
      public class ScoreSheet extends [an @EmbeddableSuperclass] implements Serializable { ...

While I could use logging or System.out println statements, I'd rather be able to use the debugger. Searching Google and here for EnhancerByCGLIB and breakpoints yields nothing. Any hints as to how I can get it to be able to use breakpoints in this class?

Thanks!

L.