5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2006 9:56 AM by vk101

JSP in JBoss IDE??

My JBoss IDE doesn't give me the option of creating JSPs. When I select "New > Web Components", there's no JSP option listed - only Servlet, JSP Tag Handler, and Filter.

None of the other list options specify JSP.

I tried creating a J2EE 1.4 project, and even that doesn't change anything.

I downloaded the 1.6.0GA bundle.

• 1. Re: JSP in JBoss IDE??
          akivajunior

I have installed JBoss IDE 2.0 beta2 on Eclipse 3.2.1, and have the same problem...

• 2. Re: JSP in JBoss IDE??

I downloaded JBossIDE-1.6.0.GA-Bundle-win32.zip and it doesn't have the WTP functionality...why does the description say that then?

• 3. Re: JSP in JBoss IDE??

So is it just false advertising that JBossIDE is capable of supporting WTP?

Or is it only an issue for me? Clearly at least one other person has the same problem.

Why doesn't someone at JBoss at least address this post? So irresponsible of you JBoss, as usual...

• 4. Re: JSP in JBoss IDE??
                maxandersen

You "encouragement" doesn't motivate anyone in really answering you.

But have you even tried following the releases, jiras and cvs commits we have been doing to remedy those issues before starting to complain ?

• 5. Re: JSP in JBoss IDE??

Actually, yes...knowing the level of support people receive in these forums (more often than not...though it's not to say that help is ALWAYS hard to come by here), posting on here is generally considered a "last resort"...

And, seriously, apart from being a hardcore coder, how do you expect mere mortals to follow your cvs commits and even know what to look for!? What about the folks who just want to play around with JSPs and EJBs and have been hearing that JBoss was a good solution? Sorry, Max, but that's a ludicrous general suggestion...