1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2007 1:55 AM by maxandersen

Adding Source and Javadoc to JBoss-IDE Libraries

flindet

Hi,

Is there any way to add source code and javadoc to the JBoss-IDE provided libraries? I'd like to do this because I find the Javadoc access from within Eclipse to be very helpful, and I'd like to be able to walk into the source when debugging applications.

To demonstrate my problem, I right-click on my project, select Properties | Java Build Path | Libraries. I expand JBoss EJB3 Libraries and expand any of the jars (hibernate3.jar for example).

Here is where I would normally be able to attach the source code and the Javadoc that is associated with the library. However, in the case of JBoss-IDE libraries, it states that the library is non-modifiable and the Edit button is grayed out.

Can JBoss-IDE be modified to allow the attachment of source code and Javadoc? If not, can you please include the source code and Javadoc so that they are accessible within Eclipse?

I'm currently using JBoss-IDE 2.0.0 Beta 2, but I've seen this behavior with older versions as well. I tried looking through the JBoss-IDE FAQ and didn't notice this addressed. Forgive me if this is mentioned elsewhere. If someone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Adding Source and Javadoc to JBoss-IDE Libraries
          maxandersen

Until now we haven't added the source to jbosside because they would be out-of-date depending on which version of jboss you are using.

I don't know if it feasible for us to allow src attachement for you to setup, but I would suggest opening a jira issue for it (if it is not there already)

Until then then do remember that you can just remove our automatic lib container and add your own specialized configuration.

/max