5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2007 10:00 AM by bertaa

Missing JBossWS options

bertaa

Operating system : Windows XP
      Java version: 1.4.2_10
      Eclipse version: 3.2.1
      JBoss-IDE version : 2.0 Beta2
      JBoss Sever version : jboss-4.0.5.GA

I have downloaded and installed jboss ide bundle (JBossIDE+Webtools+Eclipse) which is supposed to include all the plugins, but I cannot see JBossWS options under window>preferences>JBoss Eclipse IDE, as in http://www.soapui.org/jbossws/newandnoteworthy-2.0.0-beta2.ht

I do see other JbossIDE options under window>preferences>JBoss Eclipse IDE as JBoss Servers or XDoclet

I have also checked jbossws plugin files are present in plugin folder under eclipse home.

Is there any prerequisite to have jbossws plugin working properly?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Missing JBossWS options

Hi!

The JBossWS requires that you are running eclipse under JDK 1.5..

regards,

/Ole
          eviware.com

• 2. Re: Missing JBossWS options
            purohitvinod

Hi Bertaa,
            I am also facing the same problem.
            Then as per omatzura's suggestion, i changed the eclipse environment to 1.5 but even after that, the JBossWS is not activated.
            Were you able to solve the problem?

"bertaa" wrote:
            Operating system : Windows XP
            Java version: 1.4.2_10
            Eclipse version: 3.2.1
            JBoss-IDE version : 2.0 Beta2
            JBoss Sever version : jboss-4.0.5.GA

I have downloaded and installed jboss ide bundle (JBossIDE+Webtools+Eclipse) which is supposed to include all the plugins, but I cannot see JBossWS options under window>preferences>JBoss Eclipse IDE, as in http://www.soapui.org/jbossws/newandnoteworthy-2.0.0-beta2.ht

I do see other JbossIDE options under window>preferences>JBoss Eclipse IDE as JBoss Servers or XDoclet

I have also checked jbossws plugin files are present in plugin folder under eclipse home.

Is there any prerequisite to have jbossws plugin working properly?

Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Missing JBossWS options

Hi!

strange.. exactly what jdk/jre version are you running eclipse under?

/Ole

• 4. Re: Missing JBossWS options
                purohitvinod

Hi Omatzura,

What i meant was,

I was able to find the JBossWS option in the preferences section soon after i pointed the Eclipse to JRE 1.5, but i when i wanted expose a method of the class as WS i could not find JBossWS Nature Set up option.
                Can u please help me out in this?

My Eclipse version is 3.2.1
                I have also downloaded JBoss IDE 2.0(Beta) in to my eclipse environment.

Thanks in advance

• 5. Re: Missing JBossWS options
                  bertaa

Hi all,

I solved the problem after upgrading to jdk 1.5 and updating my java_home environment variable, and default jre in eclipse preferences.

You can see JBossWS options from J2EE perspective, in project explorer view, when you right-click on a class file.

Hope it helps...

Regards