3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2008 10:05 AM by kukeltje

Deploying jBPM application in Eclipse

pedror

Hello.
      I am building a project using JBossIDE2/Eclipse, which I downloaded and installed.
      I have managed to include JBossAS (4.0.4) in Eclipse, which I can happily start and stop.
      Right now, I am using the JbpmGettingStarted document, to learn to deploy a Jbpm project, but I'm at a dead-end.
      There is no way that I can find the "Deploy Process" option mentioned in the document, nor anything like it, to allow me to deploy directly from the Process Folder.
      Is it possible to deploy a Jbpm project directly to JBoss, from the Eclipse IDEv2? And if yes, how??

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Deploying jBPM application in Eclipse
          kukeltje

there should be a 'deploy' tab at the bottom of your processview

• 2. Re: Deploying jBPM application in Eclipse
            syedtaj

Hi,

Deploying using the ant script or calling the servlet, manually writing code to deploy is the only way to deploy a process definition, other than eclipse?

Can't we create a archive containing the processdefiniton and the classes needed and drop it in the deploy folder? .par does not work.

How do we deploy the processdefinition independently? Does'nt Jboss recognize this file?

If not, then the only way is to package the processdefintion in a war/ear and call a servlet that will deploy the processdefintion?

I would be grateful if some one can clear the confusion that I have.

• 3. Re: Deploying jBPM application in Eclipse
              kukeltje

If not, then the only way is to package the processdefintion in a war/ear and call a servlet that will deploy the processdefintion?
              No, you can also use the jBPM console upload page/servlet for uploading a par, or use the ant task in the wiki (jbpm wiki) for doing the same as would be done from eclipse