6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2007 12:29 PM by Rob Hasselbaum

Problem controlling and deploying to JBoss AS

Rob Hasselbaum Newbie

Hi!

I'm trying to deploy an Eclipse project to JBoss AS 4.2 via the JBoss Tools 2.0 nightly build (2007-11-19). I have created a WAR file via the "Project Archives" view and the WAR file appears in the workspace.

Now I'm trying to deploy it, so I configured and started the server, and then I right-clicked on the generated WAR and chose "Deploy to server". But nothing happens. If I right-click on the server and go to "Add and Remove projects", I can see the WAR file there under configured projects, but it doesn't appear to be deployed. I tried removing it, republishing, and even cleaning, but no luck. The server status always says "Republish".

I don't know if this is related or not, but I'm also unable to shutdown the server. It fails with a communication error. I am guessing this is because I am using port 1299 for JNDI instead of the default 1099. With JBoss-IDE 1.6, I used to see "Stop args" or "Twiddle args" in the server launch configuration, which would let me specify a different port, but I don't see those options in JBoss Tools 2.0.

Any help with either of these issues is greatly appreciated! Thanks!