3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2007 4:42 AM by Max Rydahl Andersen

JAX WS(JbossWS) support trough JBoss Tools

Carsten Hoehne Master

Hello,
      my questions:
      1. will there be any support for JAX WS (Jboss WS) bundled with JBTools?
      2. in the JIRA there are some issues about web servises. But they are scheduled for LATER. Whta does LATER mean?

When looking on this webpage:http://labs.jboss.com/tools/ a jboss WS Tools module can be found. But it is not bundled with JBT CR1

I do need easy support for web services. With easy i mean no knowledge of the internal working should be necessary. We do have a couple of programmers with no knowledge in this area. They should create the web services.
      Unfortunately we have found one tool that supports the kind of web service support we need (NetBeans). But it is not the tool we are in favour of.
      What we need is simple. all the tooling for Seam projects that JBT delivers plus the JAXWS support from netbeans in one tool.
      Ciao,
      Carsten

• 1. Re: JAX WS(JbossWS) support trough JBoss Tools
          Max Rydahl Andersen Master

LATER means not something we focus on now (meaning it is not scheduled for GA or 2.1)

Our current plan is to bundle SoapUI (as we did previously before we moved to eclipse 3.3) but this assume the support they have for jax ws stays around.

• 2. Re: JAX WS(JbossWS) support trough JBoss Tools
            Carsten Hoehne Master

Thanks max. So i can assume that JAX WS support will not be bundled in the near future(January/February2008) with JBT, right?
            What does this paragrapg mean?

2007-14-11 : We have decided to discontinue JBoss WS IDE.

2007-14-11 : JBoss WS IDE is as of the 14:th of November 2007 discontinued. This does not mean our support for JBoss WS has ended, we have only chosen to stop producing within JBoss. soapUI will continue its strong support for JBoss, just not as JBoss, rather as a independent Open Source software producer.
            found on http://www.soapui.org/jbossws/index.html

• 3. Re: JAX WS(JbossWS) support trough JBoss Tools
              Max Rydahl Andersen Master

"baz" wrote:
              Thanks max. So i can assume that JAX WS support will not be bundled in the near future(January/February2008) with JBT, right?

We will look at our options after GA - so if it will be possible to get soapui bundled it will start being there around early next year.

What does this paragrapg mean?

The guys behind soapui decided to move the jbossws specific parts inside soapui codebase instead of having them distributed by default as part of jbosside.

As I said earlier, we will look into what options we have about bundling soapui as-is after GA.