5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2008 5:12 AM by maxandersen

JBoss Tools Code Completion suddenly disapear

graben

Sometimes I have the problem that the code completion functionality suddenly disapear. Most times the Seam Components view doesn't work either, but I don't know if this occurences are connected. I'm using latest Eclipse 3.3.1.1 with Tools 2.0GA. I did not have that probs with 2.0CR1. Is their a bug none? Maybe something inside eclipse itself?

Thx Benjamin

• 1. Re: JBoss Tools Code Completion suddenly disapear
          maxandersen

anything in the error log ?

code completion where exactly ?

• 2. Re: JBoss Tools Code Completion suddenly disapear
            graben

Hi,

eclipse.buildId=M20071023-1652
            java.version=1.6.0_01
            java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
            BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
            Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Error
            Thu Jan 10 11:47:44 CET 2008
            Contributor org.jboss.tools.seam.ui.views.SeamComponentsNavigator cannot be created.

This is the only entry I found in the error log of eclipse which might affect jBoss Tools.

The code completion doesn't work for POJOs (all seam-componnets) and in the faclets-viewer part.

• 3. Re: JBoss Tools Code Completion suddenly disapear
              graben

I think I found the reason something that can explain the problem. I found that the eclipse project suddenly lost the seam-builder. I don't know why! But that might be the reason that code completion doesn't work sometimes.

• 4. Re: JBoss Tools Code Completion suddenly disapear
                utdrew

I'm having this same problem after I created a branch in my svn repository for my project. I have both 'versions' in the workspace (new project names start with DEV) but I closed the 'head' version so I don't accidentally modify the wrong files.

Similar to graben the only error I can find which might explain the issue is this:
                !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2008-10-21 21:55:42.187
                !MESSAGE Contributor org.jboss.tools.seam.ui.views.SeamComponentsNavigator cannot be created.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Drew

• 5. Re: JBoss Tools Code Completion suddenly disapear
                  maxandersen

is Seam enabled for the project ?