5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2008 11:24 AM by trouby

Add/Remove projects to Server

trouby

Hey,

I have configured Jboss AS 4.2 server and associated a seam project to it,
      In the association form, I see my EAR projects hierarchically with the web/-ejb projects beneath it which good as in deployment time I see under Jboss deploy dir 'myproject-ear.ear' dir with both .war/.ejb dirs(projects) beneath it.

When I try to associate my project to 'Jboss System Copy Server', in the association form I see my projects(ear/war/ejb) as flat list and not hierarchically, so in deployment time I see under Jboss deploy dir all projects (ear/ejb/war) in the same folder level,

Is this the expected behavior?
      If so, how do I associate an EAR project with its related projects beneath it when using 'Jboss System Copy Server'?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Add/Remove projects to Server
          rob.stryker

This is expected behavior. You can deploy the entire ear (with its nested children) by choosing to add / remove just the EAR. The childrern will follow automatically.

This is done this way in case you wanted to deploy a child war or jar stand-alone for some type of test or any other use case.

Basically, you configure what is a child of the EAR via module dependencies and other things... but that doesn't prevent you from deploying one of the children separately.

Hope this was clear.

- rob stryker

• 2. Re: Add/Remove projects to Server
            trouby

Hey,

So first, why there's a difference between Jboss 4.2 server and the 'Jboss System Copy Server' projects layout?

Second, then I guess it is not working as expected,

I have created a new seam project through jboss tools packed as an EAR, so I got the following projects:

- myproject
            - myproject-ear
            - myproject-ejb
            - myproject-test

under myproject-ear->Properties->J2EE Module Dependencies I see myproject.war and myproject.ejb.jar with some other libs selected.

When publishing the project I see under server deploy folder a directory as: myproject-ear.ear as expected,

but under this folder I cannot find the other two sub projects folders (ejb/war) but only the content of the ear project.

Many thanks,

Asaf.

• 3. Re: Add/Remove projects to Server
              maxandersen

which version are you using ? This was an issue in the old betas.

• 4. Re: Add/Remove projects to Server
                rob.stryker

The System Copy Server is if you just want to deploy to some folder without regard to starting or stopping a server. It's meant to be a no-frills utility to just shove the jar'd project into a folder.

• 5. Re: Add/Remove projects to Server
                  trouby

Yeah,

I know what is the System Copy Server for,

I'm using RC1,
                  btw, it is impossible to uninstall the tools from eclipse nor upgrade,

So I hope it's fixed in GA,

Anyway, according to this:
                  http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/JBossTools20GAGoesFinal

It seems like the upgrade is much easier with RHDS, so I'll buy it :-)

Many thanks,

Asaf.