5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2008 4:27 AM by Max Rydahl Andersen

JBoss tools on Ganymede?

Alex Krasov Newbie

Hi.

I know this were discussed before, but I didn't manage to get a definitive answer from the other topics...

1. Is there a working combination to try out the Jboss Tools with Ganymede GA release? I've tried the latest nightly build and I'm getting an exception when trying to load a jsp file in editor. What else do I need except of nightly build?

2. Is there an Eclipse Update Site for Jboss Tools nightly builds?

Thanks in advance,
      Alex.

• 1. Re: JBoss tools on Ganymede?
          Darryl Sibeon Newbie

Hey,

I've been searching online for the answer to your question. From what I understand Jboss Tools 3.0 will be compatible. But it would be nice if they could patch up V. 2 to work with it because Jboss Tools 3 isn't due till the end of the year. If anyone from Jboss has any ideas if v2 will be ported to Ganymede or if there is a way to make it work now please let us know..

Thanks in advance

Darryl A. Sibeon

• 2. Re: JBoss tools on Ganymede?
            Alex Krasov Newbie

Yes, it would be nice. That's just a little frustrating to make a move from MyEclipse Prof. and find myself locked to outdated eclipse version for a next half a year...

• 3. Re: JBoss tools on Ganymede?
              Max Rydahl Andersen Master

Alex Krasov, if you want to use cutting-edge versions use the nightly builds. It runs against Ganymede.

• 4. Re: JBoss tools on Ganymede?
                Daniel Cardin Newbie

I use the nightlies but I'm having a problem on deployment of ejb3 jars.

Could not publish to the server.

java.lang.NullPointerException
                at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.modules.PackageModuleFactory$ExtendedModuleFile.getPath(PackageModuleFactory.java:369)
                at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.modules.PackageModuleFactory$ExtendedModuleFile.hashCode(PackageModuleFactory.java:366)
                at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:372)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:388)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:412)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.fillCache(ModulePublishInfo.java:287)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.getDelta(ModulePublishInfo.java:335)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:368)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.getPublishedResourceDelta(Server.java:1342)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.getPublishedResourceDelta(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:652)
                at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.server.internal.DeployableServerBehavior.publishModule(DeployableServerBehavior.java:113)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModule(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:944)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModules(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1034)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:868)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:707)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:2406)
                at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:265)
                at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

• 5. Re: JBoss tools on Ganymede?
                  Max Rydahl Andersen Master

try out with the latest builds and if it is still an issue please report in jira with info on how to reproduce. thanks