4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2008 10:08 AM by clizarralde

Xdoclet with JbossTools and Eclipse 3.4

clizarralde

Hi mates! I'm having some problem with Xdoclet feature in Eclipse Ganymede.

I installed JbossTools 3.0 Alpha1 plugin from update site and everything went ok. Then I configured Xdoclet Home preference to point to a directory where Xdoclet is (version 1.2.3), and i received a message that says "All libreries found".

Know i'm stuck cause I don't see the Xdoclet option in the project properties (I'm in the Java perspective and Package Explorer).

Anyone knows what the problem is?

Thanks in advance and regards!

• 1. Re: Xdoclet with JbossTools and Eclipse 3.4
          maxandersen

xdoclet home preferences is provided by Eclipse WTP not JBoss Tools. (it was in jbosside but were deprecated because of the overlapping Eclipse WTP support)

What xdoclet option is it you are looking for exactly ?

• 2. Re: Xdoclet with JbossTools and Eclipse 3.4
            clizarralde

Hi Max! Thanks for your answer!

I was looking for the "Run Xdoclet" option (with its .xdoclet file). In my project with Eclipse 3.3 i was using it, together with "Run Packaging" option.

Now I switch to Ganymede and found the new mechanism of "Project Archive" (really wonderful its incremental build!!!) to replace "Run Packaging", but I don't know how to replace the Xdoclet option. I thought it was inside Jboss Tools cause it appear that option I mention in the workspace preference.

What do you suggest? To user annotations for xdoclet?

Regards!

• 3. Re: Xdoclet with JbossTools and Eclipse 3.4
              maxandersen

Ok, so you are looking for the "old" xdoclet option - that is no longer in JBoss tools since it was not maintained and it overlapped with WTP functionallity. If you google for WTP xdoclet you should find a couple of tutorials and screencasts on how to use it (but i'm not sure how uptodate they are because of xdoclet being a dying tech)

If you have the choice then yes, definitly use Annotations instead of xdoclet!

• 4. Re: Xdoclet with JbossTools and Eclipse 3.4
                clizarralde

Ok Max, I will then make a try with annotations. Thanks for your help!