please try out the latest builds of jboss tools 3 and provide feedback on this exact feature.
In JBT 3 you can create a uitlity jar and enable the seam facet and hook it up to an existing project - let me know if it works for you.
This is what I did and it is not working. I am using JBT 3.0 alpha1. I did not see a way to create a utility jar under File/New, so I created an EJB project.
1. create an EJB project
2. under "Seam Settings", check add seam support
3. manually change the source folder for both model and action to the ejbModule folder
4. apply. save.
5. create a seam entity
None of the seam jars were added to the project, nor any of the other ear libraries that are in the original ejb (the one created by the new seam web project wizard). seam.properties is missing. I get the feeling there are many things that need to be done to the ejb project to make it seam-ready, and without knowing them, I can't check for their absence or presence. The Tools may have done some of them.
So, is there another way I should go about this? Do I need a different version of JBT?
yes, try out the *latest* builds -> nightly builds.
there is a link from jboss.org/tools
I just tried JBossTools-3.0.0.CR1-N200810230820-ALL-linux-gtk.zip
I have verified that they are recognized by eclipse (i used the dropins directory).
The same behavior occurs (non-seam-"ified" ejb). I must not be going to the right menus or selecting the right options, then?
i've pinged Alexey K. which is working on this.
You have to add a seam facet.
1. Create an EJB Project.
2. File->Properties (or right click on project->properties) -> Project Facets
3. Select Seam Facet. Change version, if you need.
4. Then I recomend you to click on Further configuration available... and set up Seam facet. Seam facet will be installed and the libs will be added to the project.
5. Then use Seam Settings properties page to set up view folder and model and action src folders.
6. Use Java EE Module Dependencies property page to add references to EAR's libs.
Ah I missed the point about not enabling the facet ;)
So you can actually already do this when creating the proect, don't have to wait after it has been created.
There is no option for selecting the "Seam Facet" in project facets. The only new available facet I see 3.0.0 alpha1 to nightly build of 10-24 is the ESB facet. So, are you sure the "Seam Facet" is available? I really can't find it.
There is Seam Facet since 3.0.0 beta1. Please use the latest nightly build.