1) I'll let snjezana answer that when she returns from holiday.
But in my opinion I prefer having a true parent instead of having the EAR being the parent with a tons of excludes inside eclipse which imo is just a big hack. Better to leave that in a separate parent project - but lets wait to hear if there are any reasons beyond that.
2) What kind of bugs ? If related to seam then you should raise this on the seam forums.
3) report in jira ?
4) report in jira ?
1) the mavenized booking example contains booking, booking-ear, booking-ejb, booking-parent and booking-test projects like the projects created by the Seam Web Project wizard (projectname, projectname-ear, projectname-ejb, projectname-parent and projectname-test).
I have chosen this structure because the most of the mavenized ear projects (seam examples, portlet examples ...) use it.
2) which version of JBoss Tools, m2eclipse, Seam and AS5 are you using?
3) caused by WTP bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=247090
The attached patch works correctly, but it isn't applied to WTP 3.1.
4) I can't reproduce this issue. Will try to reproduce with the version of JBoss Tools that you are using.