3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2009 3:03 PM by dgolovin

Invoking server startup class

akhilachuthan

I an using JBoss AS 5.1 with eclipse. Since before starting the server my application need to perform some validation tasks, I am in need of configuring the invoking server startup class from org.jboss.Main to my custom class. How do i do this...

With default JBoss instance available with eclipse, the .serverdef file had option to define the startup class and its configuration...

How do i do this here with JBoss tools AS server??

Please help

• 1. Re: Invoking server startup class
          rob.stryker

There is currently no way to do this at all. This usecase was not thought of when writing the tools. However, luckily, I believe I can have this added very very very quickly.

The proper place to customize your server startup (arguments etc) is to double-click on your server to open the server editor, and then click on "Open Launch Configuration". Today, the tab group there does not include a place to change the Main class, but I can have this added in in just 2 minutes ;)

So I'll do that for you right now. =]

• 2. Re: Invoking server startup class
            rob.stryker

JIRA link: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-5153

Since this won't be available until a new build it may take a day or two for it to get into nightlies. As a workaround, you can do the following:

{workspace location}/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches is a folder on your drive. If you browse to that folder, you will see all your launch configurations. If you open teh configuration for your server (such as JBoss 5.1 Runtime Server.launch) you can edit the main tag there.

This should help you out for now =D

• 3. Re: Invoking server startup class
              dgolovin

It is going to be available in 3.1.0.v200911051456N-H57-RC1, if it finishes sucessefully.