4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2004 12:01 PM by sdahlen

Using XSD:ANY

sdahlen

Hello -

I am attempting to create an implementation of a web service in which a particular operation is defined as follows:

<xs:element name="getAllResponse">
      <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
      <xs:any namespace="http://iss.lmco.com/schema/action-item-summary" maxOccurs="1"/>
      </xs:sequence>
      </xs:complexType>
      </xs:element>

According the JAX-RPC 1.1 specification, I should have the following interface created:

public interface ActionItemPort extends Remote {
      GetAllResponse getAll() throws RemoteException;
      }

And the GetAllResponse bean should have a _any property of type SOAPElement.

However, when I run wscompile on the given WSDL definition, I instead recieve the following interface:

public interface ActionItemPort extends Remote {
      SOAPElement getAll() throws RemoteException;
      }

For some reason, wscompile unwraps my GetAllResponse bean if the only element within it is of type XSD:ANY. I have the WSI feature turned on, and explicitly say donotunwrap. I am using JWSDP version 1.4.

I know that JBossWS only allows Apache Axis document style, and therefore this unwrapped interface doesn't work.

Is this a bug in wscompile? I looked around but did not see it mentioned anywhere. How can I overcome this issue, without hand-editing the generated interfaces?

I appreciate any help you can afford.

Shawn Dahlen

• 1. Re: Using XSD:ANY
          sdahlen

It appears part of my WSDL definition was lost. Here it is:

<message name="getAllInput"/>
          <message name="getAllInput"/>
          <message name="getAllOutput">
           <part name="result" element="service:getAllResponse"/>
          </message>

<portType name="actionItemPort">
           <operation name="getAll">
           <input message="service:getAllInput"/>
           <output message="service:getAllOutput"/>
           </operation>
           </portType>

• 2. Re: Using XSD:ANY
            thomas.diesler

Maybe this is an issue with ananomous schema types. You could try

<xs:complexType name="GetAllResponseType">
            <xs:sequence>
            <xs:any namespace="http://iss.lmco.com/schema/action-item-summary" maxOccurs="1"/>
            </xs:sequence>
            </xs:complexType>
            <xs:element name="getAllResponse" type="schema:GetAllResponseType">

• 3. Re: Using XSD:ANY
              sdahlen

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, switching from anonymous types did not help the situation. WSCOMPILE still unwraps the type containing only an xsd:any element.

If anyone has other suggestions, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, who or what organization should I contact about a potential bug within WSCOMPILE if it truely is a bug?

Thanks,

Shawn Dahlen

• 4. Re: Using XSD:ANY
                sdahlen

For those who are curious, I found the solution to the issue I was having.

JAXRPC 1.1 does not support xsd:any with a specified namespace. It only supports the namespace values of ##any and ##other. When I used one of those values, the appropriate Java class was generated by wscompile. JAXRPC 2.0 will support a specified namespace.